Buy the MS 290 or spend the extra money for the more powerful .........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Ok, I've got to tell Y'All the truth about Ol' Murph......

I know he can't help it, but he is a complete and total failure as a South Georgia RedNeck....
I pulled up to his house and thought I was at the wrong place!
His yard is beautifully landscaped and all perfectly cut grass.....( where's the dirt?)
The home is perfect, three dormers, nice big home , and again everything very nice and pretty (where;s the unpainted wood?)
?? Where's the tin roof?.....Where's the old car and truck on blocks? Where's the Old tires painted white around the shrubs???
Why can't I find any junk any where? ( except what he sold me later)....
This place is more of a country estate than a respectable Redneck home place.
Right behind the house is a beautiful pool complete with lots of nice cool deck......right out the back door and very nice!!

Then there's his fully equipped and well organized work shop.....complete with all the chain saws hanging organized from hooks.....
.....parts everywhere and again perfectly organized.....It's absolutely sickening!!
The "Workshop" is cleaner than most respectable RedNeck's kitchen.....(what's wrong with this guy?)

I quickly decided that the next time I go to see him, I'm gonna have to wash and wax my Tundra, Put on nice clean clothes, take a bath, put on clean clothes and even maybe brush mmy teeth !!

......Then Ol' Murph breaks out about 10 or 15 saws and expects me to cut his firewood for him....claiming to let me "try out" the various saws....(thank you very much Tom Sawyer)

By the time he's worn me out.....I'm ready to buy just about any piece of junk he wants to get rid of, just to get out of there and go home and rest!!

He has all these really nice saws that I like, but doesn't want to sell anything decent....especially the good Huskys!!
He's been taught and programmed by Troll....." No that Husky ain't for sale".....I'm gonna keep that one!

"I want that one" "No".....I want That Husky 372...No....How 'bout that 346.....No......what about that 375....NO....
.......Well what then.....How about one of these ol' wore out piece of S### Stihls that No body wants......
"How would you like this Stihl that was run over by a bulldozer....I put it back together with duct tape and bailing wire.....

OK. OK, OK, just let me outta here .....I'll take that "trash can" 362.....cost me and arm and a leg, and I'm not sure it will even crank!! Looks like something from the stone ages...
.....As I was driving off, He felt so guilty, he actually offered to come to my house and help me cut my 2 big Oaks....
I'm now holding my breath 'til he shows up....!!

I know he can't help it, but he is a complete and total failure as a South Georgia RedNeck....
His yard is beautifully landscaped and all perfectly cut grass.....( where's the dirt?)
The home is perfect, three dormers, nice big home , and again everything very nice and pretty (where;s the unpainted wood?)
?? Where's the tin roof?.....Where's the old car and truck on blocks? Where's the Old tires painted white around the shrubs???
Right behind the house is a beautiful pool complete with lots of nice cool deck......right out the back door and very nice!!

Then there's his fully equipped and well organized work shop.....complete with all the chain saws hanging organized from hooks.....
.....parts everywhere and again perfectly organized.....It's absolutely sickening!!
The "Workshop" is cleaner than most respectable RedNeck's kitchen.....(what's wrong with this guy?)

I quickly decided that the next time I go to see him, I'm gonna have to wash and wax my Tundra, Put on nice clean clothes, take a bath, put on clean clothes and even maybe brush mmy teeth !!

......Then Ol' Murph breaks out about 10 or 15 saws and expects me to cut his firewood for him....claiming to let me "try out" the various saws....(thank you very much Tom Sawyer)

By the time he's worn me out.....I'm ready to buy just about any piece of junk he wants to get rid of, just to get out of there and go home and rest!!

He has all these really nice saws that I like, but doesn't want to sell anything decent....especially the good Huskys!!
He's been taught and programmed by Troll....." No that Husky ain't for sale".....I'm gonna keep that one!

"I want that one" "No".....I want That Husky 372...No....How 'bout that 346.....No......what about that 375....NO....
.......Well what then.....How about one of these ol' wore out piece of S### Stihls that No body wants......
"How would you like this Stihl that was run over by a bulldozer....I put it back together with duct tape and bailing wire.....

OK. OK, OK, just let me outta here .....I'll take that "trash can" 362.....cost me and arm and a leg, and I'm not sure it will even crank!! Looks like something from the stone ages...
.....As I was driving off, He felt so guilty, he actually offered to come to my house and help me cut my 2 big Oaks....

I will send Geeves with the Rolls to fetch you next time, and we can just watch him runs the saws.........nah, where's the fun in that?

Give me a couple of weeks to get the nose healed up and I will roll down to the coast and block those trees right up. Heck, I might pay you if you have a tree big enough to need the 5' bar on the 125!!

I will send Geeves with the Rolls to fetch you next time, and we can just watch him runs the saws.........nah, where's the fun in that?

Give me a couple of weeks to get the nose healed up and I will roll down to the coast and block those trees right up. Heck, I might pay you if you have a tree big enough to need the 5' bar on the 125!!

.....I'm holding my breath waiting to see Geeves, The Rolls, You, or the 125.....

At least now everyone believes me and knows "You ain't Rite"......But I did enjoy today....

Thanks,
Ol' RedNeck
Andy

Grin ....... thank you so much for your "humble notes on nmurph." You and he give credence to "worth their weight in salt" expression.
Come to my place and it is a different story, I'll give you both kidneys and then some. No ego here.

Rock that 362......... GRINNING ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ......................

Grin ....... thank you so much for your "humble notes on nmurph." You and he give credence to "worth their weight in salt" expression.
Come to my place and it is a different story, I'll give you both kidneys and then some. No ego here.

Rock that 362......... GRINNING ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ......................

I didn't want both his kidneys.....just a free saw !!
....and all I got was a beat up duck taped 362 .....maybe It'll run...

Hope to get to meet you someday !!

...Ol' Grits

I didn't want both his kidneys.....just a free saw !!
....and all I got was a beat up duck taped 362 .....maybe It'll run...

Hope to get to meet you someday !!

...Ol' Grits

:camera:

:computer:

:big_smile:

Let's see the duck tape! :jester:

Now, delete your AS account! NOW....or.....

It's too late!

Two kidneys worth ...............:angel:

What other organs you may be needin?

Thanks. I am happy with the MS440, but a 362 could replace the CAD bandaids.

I sell saws everyday, all you need is the 290, you are on a enthisiast site were it is pro saws or nothing, 70cc's and larger, there is a good reason the 290 is the best seling saw in America, unless you are cutting more than 20 cord a year or doing commercial work the 290 is a proven platform going back to the 029, we just never see them come back in, easy to work on, carb is easy to service, just a dependable farm/ranch personal firewood saw, it prolly puts more wood on the ground than any other model of saw today. Solid and dependable, best value on the market in my somewhat biased opinion, best thing it is made in VA Beach by American workers.

Indiansprings, I live here in Hopewell Va. and when i used to be in the sign business part time while logging and tree work full time, i painted a sign for the Stihl Timbersports series and personally delivered it to the Stihl factory in Va. Beach. Its on Viking Dr. A female friend of mine works there. Its called the stihl complex, so i know where you're coming from and talking about. While i was there i was in Stihl heaven.

It sure is nice to see that grown men can behave like children again and play around in the dirt!

Rep sent to both of you! :clap:

And as I said I see a 346 & 372 couple in your future...! :D Actually I was expecting you to borrow your childrens savings when visiting nmurph to have enough for all the saws! ;)

edit: aaarrrrggghhh:bang: :angry: I hate when I can't spread rep! nmurph going to have to wait a little before I come back for rep. sorry

Last edited:
Still no pics! It never happend! Can one of the mods come by and delete this fraudulent thread and in the same session dispatch these two fairy tellers!

:D

Tin roof, unpainted wood, vehicles on blocks, junk and trash laying around..err, thats my good stuff! Parts! ...yard fulla jackals...thats my digs not nmurphs!!! And we have a pool..just got to share it with the beefers and beavers and snapping turtles...

I try to pass in the hood around here....

rats, forgot about the painted tire planters and the old john mailbox post holder...have to get on the stick..

It sure is nice to see that grown men can behave like children again and play around in the dirt!

Rep sent to both of you! :clap:

And as I said I see a 346 & 372 couple in your future...! :D Actually I was expecting you to borrow your childrens savings when visiting nmurph to have enough for all the saws! ;)

edit: aaarrrrggghhh:bang: :angry: I hate when I can't spread rep! nmurph going to have to wait a little before I come back for rep. sorry

Yes, We had fun playing in the Dirt.....just kids with toys. I played, got dirty, cut his firewood for him, and got very tired....He watched, rested, was entertained, and charged me for it.....
I have a 51 which is similar to the 346......But I WANT a ported 372..(I think I'm coming down with a case of CAD sickness)....
Is there an antibiotic or treatment to fight CAD....?? Without a cure, Murph is gonna have my kids inheritance.

.....What's a rep? And have you been a bad boy so you can't give these out? If it's as bad as CAD, I don't need it....
.......are Reps an awful contagious disease like CAD?

If someone would be kind enough to kick me off this site.....maybe I'd be able to fight off this "C" disease Y'All are infected with and spreading around...

I would post a photo.....but all you have to do is imagine a big mass of scrap metal, bailing wire, and duct tape....with a muffler mod somewhere hidden down in there...... and a slight compression increase.....
It did manage to finally "rub" it's way through a small piece of rotten wood about the size of your wrist!!...took a while though!!

+1 No pics - never happened. That's the AS way.

I'm sitting here this morning....tired, sore, and my money is gone.
Murph is sitting smiling, rested, plenty of firewood and money in his pocket ....

Please convince me this never really happened !!:bang:

Tin roof, unpainted wood, vehicles on blocks, junk and trash laying around..err, thats my good stuff! Parts! ...yard fulla jackals...thats my digs not nmurphs!!! And we have a pool..just got to share it with the beefers and beavers and snapping turtles...

I try to pass in the hood around here....

rats, forgot about the painted tire planters and the old john mailbox post holder...have to get on the stick..

Hey Zog.....
I was discussing South Georgia Rednecks.....Not North Georgia HillBillies....
.....HillBillies got a LOT more Class !! Heck, we can't even make good home brew ......

I I have a 290 that needs a motor (not its fault, fuel) . Replaced with a 261 which is much better saw . 290 will have a 390 motor soon for a backup saw.. Get a 261 if the 290 was enough saw as it is so much better .

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back