CAD bit hard and an 880 followed me home

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do, I'll definatly get some pics as I'm blocking the rest of this up into fire wood. The rest of this trunk is about 30' or so then I've got another oak that fell 90* to this one thats about 32". Thats where the other 2 logs are coming from, but when it fell it split up the middle for about 25' or so and was rotten at the base. I got the last 2 logs off the top, and those are 20-24" across.

This whole mess came down in a wind storm on one of my neighbors proporty, (we live on a 1/2 mile dirt road so we have manny neighbors). He dosnt live here and dosnt have any need or way to get them so he told us if we wanted to get them out we could have them :chainsaw: all in all I would say that a total of 15 trees came down or were so damaged I had to take them down to remove the hazard so we could work in here. Most were small, less than 12" dbh but these 2 monster oaks are what knocked the rest down when they up rooted.

Nice saw, Thats exactly where the big saw shines, blocking and splitting big wood. I have a 066 DP which cuts very well, but for blocking and splitting the big stuff, the 880 is much faster. The extra weight actually becomes an advantage as well as the extra torque. Those logs look like the stuff I just went threw this winter, huge white oak, you will get a lot of firewood from them.

Great thread, got me wanting to spend my work bonus even more now...

DO IT, from my experiance if you dont mind carrying a heavy saw you wont be sorry.

I'm real glad they had one in stock otherwise I would have been a nervous wreck wondering if I made the right choice. Having run a couple tanks through it now I know I did :)

The 880 really dose show its stuff in this big oak, my 066 dose good but it would have been working a lot harder to do it and it wouldnt have got it done any where near as fast.

I'd love to put a video up but I'm just figuring out the picture functions on my camera :confused: Maybe in the future when I get a little more technical...computers never were my thing, guess thats why I'm a mechinic and not an engeneer or something else:)

Just switch the knob on the camera to the little movie camera, push the button like your taking a pic and it will start recording, push it again and it will stop. Very easy, now go take a video!:buttkick:

Back