CAD Hall of Shame

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha ha ha, she asked me once, if girls can use chainsaws. I said yes for sure they can!!!

thats wicked awesome. I have pics of my neice in my bike helmet in my race car and trying to lift my 066. i keep them on the fridge:clap:

Oh NO! This may be worse than I thought. My children has done the same thing. And my wife and my girls have tried running my saws! With, of course, proper instruction from Daddy.

Who'd ever thought that CAD could bring a family closer together! How pathetic is that?

Oh well...we're having fun, aren't we?

Yasha,

OK, this is gonna be tough, but someone has to do it. Three rules.

Rule #1. Chainsaws are cool. Think about them, dream about them, stroke them, poke them and smoke them. But only when by yourself or with a trusted buddy with a similar affliction.

Rule #2. Don't ever, even with waterboarding, hot pokers, etc. tortures, mention rule #1 to your significant other or one who confides with SO.

Rule #3. When in the bedroom with SO, try to clear saws from the mind. I know, I know, it's tough. But when the morn kisses us again and gives us the gift of another day and we get back into the shop/garage, we go can resume chainsaw think.

dr. joat

Dr Joat is on to something here...

My wife and daughter (sometimes my son also) like to tease me all the time when I take off for the garage to tinker on saws again...
or when she's in a lesser mood, she will say that I give more about them @f%$$rIck*$ng saws than her ...which is not true of course.....:taped:

If you confess to a friend or family that you really like "chainsaws", they either stard to laugh very hard at ya or give you that weird look and ask if you are still doing OK....

My colleagues at work (even my boss) accept me as I am now. It finally has settled in to them that I still can function reasonably well in spite of CAD...

I try to stick with Joat's rules now for a year or so, but most of the damage is done already.... my close ones are spreading the word for me... well, ...at least it gets the conversation going and my wife doesn't ask questions anymore when I sneak new saws in :greenchainsaw:

I have several issues...

My kids sum it up this way:

"Dad, all you talk about is beer, bikes, Mom's (rear end), and chainsaws."

So it's OK to be addicted to more than one thing.

My kids sum it up this way:

"Dad, all you talk about is beer, bikes, Mom's (rear end), and chainsaws."

So it's OK to be addicted to more than one thing.

Yes KF2, they all have a place. Variety is the spice of life.

dr. joat

Dr Joat is on to something here...

My wife and daughter (sometimes my son also) like to tease me all the time when I take off for the garage to tinker on saws again...
or when she's in a lesser mood, she will say that I give more about them @f%$$rIck*$ng saws than her ...which is not true of course.....:taped:

If you confess to a friend or family that you really like "chainsaws", they either stard to laugh very hard at ya or give you that weird look and ask if you are still doing OK....

My colleagues at work (even my boss) accept me as I am now. It finally has settled in to them that I still can function reasonably well in spite of CAD...

I try to stick with Joat's rules now for a year or so, but most of the damage is done already.... my close ones are spreading the word for me... well, ...at least it gets the conversation going and my wife doesn't ask questions anymore when I sneak new saws in :greenchainsaw:

Roland,

I'm so happy to hear that the therapy is working. I just wish I could have seen you earlier.

Thanks for the testimonial,

dr. joat

My wife and I had some friends over. She told the story. It went something like this. "Anyway, Yasha and I are lying in bed and it's dark and I think we're both about asleep, and all of a sudden, out of the blue, he say's, "'Honey, can I tell you something without you thinking I'm silly?"'

"Yes, Honey." I said (my wife says)

"'I REEAALLLY like chainsaws."

And everyone laughed and still laugh about that story. The problem is she also told that same story at Church at Prayer Request time...oh boy. I just get excited everytime I get to try out a new chainsaw.

Anyone else care to share their Hall of Shame on their CAD?

And then women just can not understand why their husbands don't like to share the secrets of their inner life and thoughts with them...

For what it's worth, I consider it to be very decent of you to want to share something of such importance with her. Sad thing that she was not worthy of your confidence... Mine isn't either, but I'm guessing they rarely are, unless they have a healthy saw interest themselves.

So far I've had no luck stating "chainsaws" and "firewood" as my main interests at our local matchmaking site, at least not combined with "searching for: female"...

Yeah I feel your pain and frustration. When I start talking about saws and cutting wood my wifes eyes glaze over and she utters something like "blah blah blah." Than she starts talking to me about her interests and what she did and of course what she WANTS and I hear crickets.

Latest posts

Back