CAD Hall of Shame

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yasha

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score

I spent the morning at the Stihl dealership, pining over a new 460 (CAD anyone?)...

My wife and I had some friends over. She told the story. It went something like this. "Anyway, Yasha and I are lying in bed and it's dark and I think we're both about asleep, and all of a sudden, out of the blue, he say's, "'Honey, can I tell you something without you thinking I'm silly?"'

"Yes, Honey." I said (my wife says)

"'I REEAALLLY like chainsaws."

And everyone laughed and still laugh about that story. The problem is she also told that same story at Church at Prayer Request time...oh boy. I just get excited everytime I get to try out a new chainsaw.

Anyone else care to share their Hall of Shame on their CAD?

That's like the time, at a nice Christmas dinner for my wife's work group, one of the ladies who likes to josh back and for with me asks if I had found anything good on the chainsaw website. The whole table was involved within 30 seconds.

Or like the time at a professional dinner as part of a job interview, the interviewer says, "I just have to know...What is a chainsaw enthusiast?" in reference to the personal interests on my resume. At which point my wife says "Oh, Brother" and slinks down in her chair like she was trying to hide under the table.

Or last night when my wife was telling me something very important about an upcoming move, I commenced to start a new free Mac 10-10. At which point she frowned and slowly walked away. I must have crossed the line.

Last edited:
Thank you tax lady

I sold some firewood this year and mentioned this to the tax lady while getting my returns prepared. She asked, "Did you make any purchases that could be related to this?" I told her I bought a chainsaw. She replied that it looked like a wash and if I kept buying saws I would be fine.

Guess who gets to do my taxes next year?

By the way she didn't save me much money on my return, but I like her advise.

My wife and I had some friends over. She told the story. It went something like this. "Anyway, Yasha and I are lying in bed and it's dark and I think we're both about asleep, and all of a sudden, out of the blue, he say's, "'Honey, can I tell you something without you thinking I'm silly?"'

"Yes, Honey." I said (my wife says)

"'I REEAALLLY like chainsaws."

And everyone laughed and still laugh about that story. The problem is she also told that same story at Church at Prayer Request time...oh boy. I just get excited everytime I get to try out a new chainsaw.

Anyone else care to share their Hall of Shame on their CAD?

Yasha,

OK, this is gonna be tough, but someone has to do it. Three rules.

Rule #1. Chainsaws are cool. Think about them, dream about them, stroke them, poke them and smoke them. But only when by yourself or with a trusted buddy with a similar affliction.

Rule #2. Don't ever, even with waterboarding, hot pokers, etc. tortures, mention rule #1 to your significant other or one who confides with SO.

Rule #3. When in the bedroom with SO, try to clear saws from the mind. I know, I know, it's tough. But when the morn kisses us again and gives us the gift of another day and we get back into the shop/garage, we go can resume chainsaw think.

Please schedule another session with my cure receptionist and tell Tommie to leave her alone,

dr. joat

Last edited:
Visitors to my house (they are few), once they see the contents of my shop have one question... "why?" Regrettably, there is no easy answer.

i've found help.

first, the affliction:
went form zero saws in october to nine saws in april.

what i'm doing about it:
recently gave one back to the guy that gave it to me, after i repaired it.
getting ready to give a dead one to a guy that helped me out with cutting land.
very close to combining two dead saws into one runner.

total to be: 6 saws.

really, i only have two hands!:)

Visitors to my house (they are few), once they see the contents of my shop have one question... "why?" Regrettably, there is no easy answer.

"Because I can" .....is the correct answer. :clap:

first, the affliction:
went form zero saws in october to nine saws in april.

what i'm doing about it:
recently gave one back to the guy that gave it to me, after i repaired it.
getting ready to give a dead one to a guy that helped me out with cutting land.
very close to combining two dead saws into one runner.

total to be: 6 saws.

really, i only have two hands!:)

I started out using a Craftsman 36cc and using my Uncle's 361. Since last April 2007, I restored a Stihl 015av (about a 25 year old saw) and PURCHASED NINE MORE SAWS! 2- 200ts, 2 -460s, 1 -660, 1 -338xpt California Edition, 1 - 372xp (I haven't even used yet, I just look at it. LOL);
1 -ppt 260 Echo Pole Saw, and a Dolmar 5100! And I'm wanting a 395xp and a 7900! What to do, what to do?

I've always liked collecting, comic books were so much cheaper! Oh well... I'm having fun!

As Sawdustmaker says, "I ain't got no CAD!" Ha!

What am I doing about it?

Trying to sell them off to get the ones I 'only just have to have.' I think I'm looking at the 4 saw plan.

Self-restraint? Hah!

I sorta messed up my finances buying saws on eSlave....:cry: ........but I have sum cool saws...
well, the finances will eventually be right, and I will stihl have sum cool saws, tho mebbe not as many.:greenchainsaw:

My chainsaw addiction reminds me of the the song Garth Brooks - Rodeo only about saws. I love them.

He'd sell everything he owns just to pay to play the game..... the game of course being collecting saws!

Well, it's bars and chains
It's jugs and pistons
It's the roar of a Stihl saw
It's the white in his knuckles
The gold in the buckle
He'll buy the the next to come round'

It's boots and chaps
It's hard hats
It's fellin' and buckin'
It's the climbin trees
And the joy and the pain
And they call the thing saw addiction

Kinda lame but not bad for few minutes of thinkin

I have saws in my toolbox of my truck(locked up like fort knox with a mean security device), saws stashed at work, saws back home in NC and saws in storage. my sig only shows the ones i use on a normal basis. I think i have it

This didn't embarrass me but it made me laugh.

Right in the middle of dinner, my 6year old daughter blurted out,

"daddy is obsessed with chainsaws"!!!!

This didn't embarrass me but it made me laugh.

Right in the middle of dinner, my 6year old daughter blurted out,

"daddy is obsessed with chainsaws"!!!!

thats awesome. good for you. now get her some ppe and show her how to run one

Back