California, Chainsaws and a Rainy Sunday Afternoon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I am glad that you guys had a good time despite the weather.
I am still waiting to see the picture of the Predator in the up cut.

Dennis,please dont ride with Doug,it looks like it could be hazardous to your health.
Later
Dan

Here's Rupedoggy pulling Robert's crank. Meanwhile, Badcock's in the background scooping up some Siberian Sheep Sh!t to use while he's hacking around behind the scenes on AS.

Here is Gypo taking a cut on a rainy friday afternoon with my 088KD. Notice even foul weather doesnt stop this man.

Last edited:
Here is Gypo and Cinny girl just saying hello in the barrage. I believe that Art taught Gypo this move while in Sacremento.

Last edited:
I owe an APOLOGE to the following people, Doug Babcock, John Lambert, Dennis Greffard, Ken Dunn, Robert Andrews, Art Martin and Mike Rupley. Mike invited me to go out to Ken’s and his place to play with some saws for the weekend. As I explained to some of you I had a rather large project I took on, this job was out of my league as far a size goes but 9/11 has taken it’s toll on my payroll. I bid on 105 workstations, 2 servers and the running of about 6 miles of phone and network wires with an additional Fiber run.
My partner and I took this job with the help of our two techs.
We all wanted to make some extra loot so we ran the wire 2 weeks prior to dropping of the systems and servers since the ceiling tiles were not installed yet. We had 90 percent of the systems built prior to starting the roll out of the workstations. On Tuesday we hit the first snag when the ceiling tiles were installed they had pinched about 60 percent of the wires and cracked the fiber. We had to run another 55 wires and I had a friend repair the fiber. At that point I was still going but it went downhill again the server's scsi controller had issues, every time I loaded the server and had it finished it would bomb out. I tried everything and it turned out that when I loaded software for a tape backup it just killed it.
Wednesday night I reloaded it again and dropped it off about 2 am and it bombed again.
I sent an email to Mike Rupley at about 5 am explaining my problem and since the last time I talked with Doug he was going to rent a car out of Hertz. I called there and told them the situation but there was no reservation under his name. I checked my home answering machine and Doug was looking for me at the airport, I redialed back and Dennis answered. I explained the situation I was in and told him I would try for a flight Friday. The next mistake I made was I never wrote Doug’s Cell phone down and I never called. I had Called Mike’s house Sunday Night but I should have tried harder to make contact out there.
I never finished the job until Monday, but that does not Excuse me for not calling. For that I am Sincerely Sorry and I hope you guys accept my apology for my rudeness.

The Biggest Loser On Arboristsite,
Mark

Absolutely no appologies necessary, Mark. The guys always get on my case for being anal retentive about plans for one of these things and this is a perfect example of what happens when the I's aren't dotted and the T's aren't crossed. Doug's First Law: Problems go up as the square of the number of people involved.

Too bad you couldn't get out there, however. We all had a great time, as usual. There's always next time.

Oh yeah, one more thing: You're not even close to being the biggest loser on AS. I'm sure you could name at least one or two that could claim that title, hands down. He!!, they even know who they are!

Marky Mark, no apoligies needed. Sorry you missed the show. I often work on the same systems as you but have so much invested that I cannot even afford a digital camera to show you what I am working on. Please send me a pic or two so that I can use them untill I can take my own.

Many thanks to Mark for going above and beyond the call of duty for helping me out with the Predator video on very short notice.

Great people, fast saws and a beer or two is all it takes to put a show on like this.

Latest posts

Back