Calk Boot Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obenauf's is a good product. All I'll use on my hunting boots. For my calks I've always used Loggers World Boot Oil. I understand production has been spotty in recent times, but it's good stuff.

Poor old Wesco is really taking a beating here. :)

I just bought another pair. I've had good luck with them and quite a few guys I work with wear them and wouldn't wear anything else.

Maybe they work so well, for me anyway, because I go the custom fit route. Buying boots off the shelf to work in like we do just never seems to be a good idea.

The problem isn't the fit. It's the poor leather. Wescos have always been a cheap shoe, not inexpensive, cheap.
I honestly don't know if you can get a quality shoe anymore, maybe Kuliens but they're heavy and they cost like $900.
My favorites were always Hi-Lines but they haven't made them for at least 25 years.
Anybody else remember Johnsons made in Portland. Now there was a good shoe. No wet feet!
Hey maybe Wescos would be alright if I lived in sunny California.:biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back