Can a FS120 handle a brushcutter blade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kyle1!

kyle1!

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Hello, As the title says.

My evergreens are being over run with mulberry suckers etc. Will my FS120 handle a brushcutter blade to cut these out? What blade and do I need an adaptor kit? Stihls web site does not list my model for blade types

Brian

BusaDave

BusaDave

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Go and read this. Go to page 12 and start reading. It is all in there..... I use the Stihl 350mm brush knife on my Echo 410X but it is a much more powerful piece of equipment. The 250mm brush knife should work on yours but if it were mine that would be big as I would go. I cut trees 2 to 3 inches in diameter pretty easily with my trimmer and the bigger blade. Used the smaller 250 mm brush knife on a 34cc trimmer for years with no issues.

https://www.stihlusa.com/webcontent...-fs-120-200-250-owners-instruction-manual.pdf

lwmibc

lwmibc

ArboristSite Operative
Two local people I know use brush blades that look like circular saw blades on FS90's; both say they work excellent for poplar and willow at 1.5". I intend on taking them up on their offers to use them to take out willows in my fence line shortly.

kyle1!

kyle1!

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Would anyone have the part number for the scrench tool that fits inside the string trimmer head to remove it? I have 4 different ones; 3 are too small and the one that came with the trimmer does not have the small inverse nut on the opposite end of the spark plug wrench.

Latest posts