Can anyone ID this splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to be a Mighty Mac, I just picked one up myself.Does anybody have a part number for a cylinder rebuild kit?
Hello! How did you make out? Did you find anyone that makes part? My cylinder needs a rebuild. LS-185 MacKissic. Thanks!

Not a Lafont, Mackissic LS-248. Bought ours brand new in 1977 for $800. Wore out the 7hp Briggs 20 years ago. Replaced it with a 11 hp Honda elec start clone. Had a slip on 4 way wedge made for it. Old School, I have a TW-6 so it doesn’t get used much anymore.

Your log splitter is a Mighty Mac LS-248. It takes a 25" log and 14 ton splitting force. Made by Mackissic in the 1980's. They made a larger model #LS-2910 that split 30" logs. I've been using the identical splitter for years and it seems bullet proof. I have mine set up on car ramps and built a table to minimize bending over. The engine is off a snow blower with a 110 volt starter.View attachment 799649 View attachment 799646 View attachment 799648
You're the MAN!

Latest posts

Back