Can anyone tell me what kind of wood this is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davej_07

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Heres another noobie question. Im removing some blown-down trees at the farm. I found three trunks that yielded ALOT of wood. Rounds from 24"+ down to 10".
My question is can anyone tell me what it is? I think I may know but I want an independant opinion to verify.
Thanks

Dave

I going with Ash for best guess by the looks of the bark. That top corner of the log missing bark sure resembles it i the grain. The bark on the smaller log in the back looks like it too.

The bark doesnt seem grey enough, thick enough or flaky enough for the Am. Elm around here.

Hi guys.
Heres another noobie question. Im removing some blown-down trees at the farm. I found three trunks that yielded ALOT of wood. Rounds from 24"+ down to 10".
My question is can anyone tell me what it is? I think I may know but I want an independant opinion to verify.
Thanks

Dave
the larger round in pic 2 is ash the smaller round at the upper right and some of the split stuff looks like cherry

I thank you all for the replies!
The general consensus is that its Ash, I had also thought ash.
THe best part is that the 3 blown over trees should yield well over a cord of wood:)
I'll post some pics when I get it split and stacked

Dave

Back