Can someone explain this to me?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burvol

Bullbuck
Reaction score
Can anyone figure out the mystery of why your pinkies always fill up with sawdust? I wear tight, light brown cotton jersey gloves that don't have a lot of room for this, yet they still fill up. I find myelf pinching the ends and rubbing it out a few tims a day. Is it because they are the smallest diget on your hand? Or because they are at the end of your palm. Weird. My gloves are pretty darn snug too.

Last edited:
It must have something to do with which saw you are using. I'll bet if it was a MS361 it would never happen. :)

Last edited:
I cut the end of my pinky glove finger off. No more sawdust.

Just glove liners? I wear those cheap ass tiny jersey gloves, I can't imagine anything much lighter?

I wear cotton liners and have never had that problem.

Iwear the mesh cotton liners too, used to be the same for me, pinkie and the next finger would fill up. Then I found some better fitting and tighter yet, still have the prob., but not near as bad. Irritating as all get out too. Seems if the cuff is tight there is no problem.

The sawdust is working out of your body. The saw has nothing to do with it.

in the summer when i cut i wear baseball batters gloves when cutting dont get any build up in them, i wear the sting stop model mizuno has they have pads in the palm's work great. then when loading i take em off and wear regular work gloves.

I just bought a dozen of these off ebay... Worked out to be about $3.66 a pair.

images

They're 'Nitrile tough' gloves made by Atlas. Very thin and light, but surprisingly tough. The cloth portion is very breathable.

I was given a pair earlier in the fall, and was really impressed.

No such problem here, I have some Husqvarna gloves with a tough elastic cuff. No sawdust.

i have some ordinary gloves, they get sawdust in them. no cuffs ;)

Just glove liners? I wear those cheap ass tiny jersey gloves, I can't imagine anything much lighter?

Those brown ones? Those seem ok, a bit thin.

I just bought a dozen of these off ebay... Worked out to be about $3.66 a pair.

They're 'Nitrile tough' gloves made by Atlas. Very thin and light, but surprisingly tough. The cloth portion is very breathable.

Those give me prune hands after a couple hours.

Like Sling'r, I wear those white cotton liners. They shrink if you throw them in the dryer.

Those 'acrylon' liners are crap, they stretch way out after about three hours.

My dad liked those "golden grippers", but then he was working in Big timber with older saws that were heavier and had less anti-vibe.

Ya know never thought of it but i got that same issue. must have somthin to do with how the gloves fit around your wrists. bout near my only guess.

Those brown ones? Those seem ok, a bit thin.

Those give me prune hands after a couple hours.

Like Sling'r, I wear those white cotton liners. They shrink if you throw them in the dryer.

Those 'acrylon' liners are crap, they stretch way out after about three hours.

My dad liked those "golden grippers", but then he was working in Big timber with older saws that were heavier and had less anti-vibe.

You got sweaty palms Jacob? ;)

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the regular Atlas gloves... These Atlas ones breath waaaay better than the original ones.

In the winter, I've always liked White Ox gloves... A little bulky, but has a couple layers to wear through.

http://www.nationalsafetyinc.com/34658/products/White-Ox-Gloves.html

Currently i have a brown jersy one onthe left and one of thoes white sock like gloves for the right. I like to use them till they form holes usually at the finger tip which i cant stand. But the white ones are pretty good with the saw dust. they make saw handles alittle slippery when they are new though.

Back