Can someone ID this part#?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawJunkie

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
It's Stihl number 1135 084 4100. It's suppposed to be for the preheat winter/summer shutter on a 390. The part I received looks nothing like what was originally on the saw but my dealer said they went to a new style and it's right?? Can I just run the saw without the shutter in place in the summer? The old one falls out from vibration every time.

It's Stihl number 1135 084 4100. It's suppposed to be for the preheat winter/summer shutter on a 390. The part I received looks nothing like what was originally on the saw but my dealer said they went to a new style and it's right?? Can I just run the saw without the shutter in place in the summer? The old one falls out from vibration every time.

No.

I could be wrong as I have not looked for a long time but I thought the prefix for that series saw was 1127, with a few parts carried over from 1125.

If it looks different and does not fit take your saw to the dealer and have him put it in.

You should not run it with the winter opening open in warm/hot weather.

Are you talking about the black L-shaped plastic piece under the air cover - on top by the spark plug?

If so, I show a part # 1127 124 1501

That part number (1135 084 4100) is for a shutter, but a shutter for the MS341.

I would take it back and swap it for the part number that mnsnow gave you.

Ok I pretty much knew it was wrong. I told the dealer this but he insisted it was right, and that he had to special order it and basically didn't want stuck with it. It was a 4 dollar part not a huge deal but still..It was like trying to pull teeth to get him to order a dang DP cover for my 440. I might have to find a new dealer around here...

Ok I pretty much knew it was wrong. I told the dealer this but he insisted it was right, and that he had to special order it and basically didn't want stuck with it. It was a 4 dollar part not a huge deal but still..It was like trying to pull teeth to get him to order a dang DP cover for my 440. I might have to find a new dealer around here...

Look for a better dealer. I would still take the part and your saw to him and show him. Dealers need to know when they make mistakes.

If you provided the wrong number that would be different but Stihl makes ordering parts about as simple as it can get and customer service is his job.

It is a shutter but not for the 390, its for a 361. That 1135 number is a series number, 1135 pertains to the 361. 1127-084-4100 goes to the 390.

Back