Canadian price on a MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about that particular model, but I do know that Canadian Stihl prices are a lot higher than American Stihl prices.Ticks me off.

That's what the sticker is at my local shop, but they do have it on sale right now for $650.

MS460 is $920.

OT, but the thing that really blows me away is the Husky prices. Maybe it's just this one dealer, though. I didn't shop around much for Husky's
346XP - $800
357XP - $900
575XP - $1060

That's what the sticker is at my local shop, but they do have it on sale right now for $650.

MS460 is $920.

OT, but the thing that really blows me away is the Husky prices. Maybe it's just this one dealer, though. I didn't shop around much for Husky's
346XP - $800
357XP - $900
575XP - $1060

Still dirt cheap compared to here (and Sweden).......:censored:

A 346xpg is 1400 USD here - and that is a campaign price.....

Edit; Forgot to say that a non-heated 361 is about 1200, a heated one 1400+.....

Last edited:
Still dirt cheap compared to here (and Sweden).......:censored:

A 346xpg is 1400 USD here - and that is a campaign price.....

That is painful, for sure.

However, if you compare the relative cost of chainsaws to the relative cost of beer, you shouldn't complain about the cost of your saws! Factor in that your beer is that much better than ours and you end up waaayyyy ahead! All this isn't even taking into account that your GDP is 1.5x ours...you should be thankful that is all you have to pay for your saws! LOL..:greenchainsaw: All in jest..

I was at the local saw shop today and his price on a MS361 was $750, is that normal for Canada?? Seems kinda high.

Been around B.C., price sounds about average. I know that saw is the best ever made, whatever. Spend more and get a Stihl 460, or a 372XP.

Been around B.C., price sounds about average. I know that saw is the best ever made, whatever. Spend more and get a Stihl 460, or a 372XP.

You forgot to mention how good it feels in your hands and how well balanced it is...it really is...:clap:

However, if you compare the relative cost of chainsaws to the relative cost of beer, you shouldn't complain about the cost of your saws! Factor in that your beer is that much better than ours and you end up waaayyyy ahead! All this isn't even taking into account that your GDP is 1.5x ours...you should be thankful that is all you have to pay for your saws! LOL..:greenchainsaw: All in jest..

Precisely what "much better than ours" Norwegian beer are you referring too-as I cannot think of any that are making the Belgians, Germans or Dutch switch brands, and as for Sweden, they only sell a couple of varieties of 3.2% beer that are undrinkable unless you are unfortunate enough to have been raised on the swill.

Are you saying that Norway's GDP is 1.5X that of Canada? I can't believe that... I know our GDP is well over $1 Trillion mostly due to energy resources.

I was just looking at the 361 at the dealer the other day, $649 here in the BC interior as well. That seems to be a Canada-wide promo price right now, so if your dealer in Victoria isn't honoring it, I'd take a drive up the island to Nanaimo or somewhere closer to where most of the logging is happening.

Are you saying that Norway's GDP is 1.5X that of Canada? I can't believe that... I know our GDP is well over $1 Trillion mostly due to energy resources.

I was just looking at the 361 at the dealer the other day, $649 here in the BC interior as well. That seems to be a Canada-wide promo price right now, so if your dealer in Victoria isn't honoring it, I'd take a drive up the island to Nanaimo or somewhere closer to where most of the logging is happening.

Ya, agreed, I don't really need it, I'm selling a couple saws I hardly ever use. And wanted to get a new top handle, since I don't have one, or buy a 361 to replace my mid range saws I don't use too much.

I certainly could be wrong, but I believe he intended to refer to per capita income, converted to US$, and not GDP. Naturally the per capita income has to be higher in Norway, every thing costs twice as much as it does in the US.

I certainly could be wrong, but I believe he intended to refer to per capita income, converted to US$, and not GDP. Naturally the per capita income has to be higher in Norway, every thing costs twice as much as it does in the US.

Well, not EVERYthing - practically all public services, education, health, etc. are free (publicly funded anyway) or very cheap. So that saves people a lot of moneythat they can spend elsewhere. But your assumption makes sense - GDP, not so much.

I got mine in Hawaii for US $595 + tax while on a work trip there. Worked out less than halfprice for me in NZ $. Very happy with it. Not getting rid of my 34 AV super just yet though!!

But your assumption makes sense - GDP, not so much.

Per capita income is derived directly from GDP. GDP per capita is perfectly acceptable for expressing this value. I'll make sure to have my statements bullet proof next time.

Precisely what "much better than ours" Norwegian beer are you referring too-as I cannot think of any that are making the Belgians, Germans or Dutch switch brands, and as for Sweden, they only sell a couple of varieties of 3.2% beer that are undrinkable unless you are unfortunate enough to have been raised on the swill.

I know a guy that has to have a lot of jokes explained to him, too. Your funny bone is broken...you should get that checked.

Latest posts

Back