Cannon nose tip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Cannon makes individual bars for the consumer like they used to,but if they do they can build any bar around a tip that you send them. your bar probably has a Oregon Powermatch tip on it ,almost everyone sells them.:)

I just picked up a 50" Cannon Superbar from baileys. They installed an Oregon tip. The tip doesn't quite match the profile of the mega fat bar, but with that said the tip probably won't see much action at 50", just a place for the chain to ride around.

I just picked up a 50" Cannon Superbar from baileys. They installed an Oregon tip. The tip doesn't quite match the profile of the mega fat bar, but with that said the tip probably won't see much action at 50", just a place for the chain to ride around.

Cannon should make a deal with Stihl and use the ES 13 Tooth tips :hmm3grin2orange:

My cannon bars all use an Oregon nose. I don't know if that is true with the entire line.

Pretty much. Only their custom made-to-order bars use a different tip now, which is usually a customer-supplied external roller nose for hotsaw applications.

A few years ago I was closing out some inventory on our Oregon line, and I offered the Cannon sales rep at that time 31 NOS Oregon 2 7/8" external roller nose tips at $8 each, and he promptly turned his nose up at them. He called me last year to see if they were still available, I said nope- not to you at any price. Now I get upwards of $30 apiece.

Pretty much. Only their custom made-to-order bars use a different tip now, which is usually a customer-supplied external roller nose for hotsaw applications.

A few years ago I was closing out some inventory on our Oregon line, and I offered the Cannon sales rep at that time 31 NOS Oregon 2 7/8" external roller nose tips at $8 each, and he promptly turned his nose up at them. He called me last year to see if they were still available, I said nope- not to you at any price. Now I get upwards of $30 apiece.

I have enough new Oregon 2 7/8 roller tips to last my hot saw use for the rest of my and my grandchildrens lives. I think you are in a position to sell those for alot higher then $30 Jacob, alot of saw collecters/restorers and hotsawers will pay big bucks for them.
By the way was that Cannon sales reps name Dan Hicks?

I have enough new Oregon 2 7/8 roller tips to last my hot saw use for the rest of my and my grandchildrens lives. I think you are in a position to sell those for alot higher then $30 Jacob, alot of saw collecters/restorers and hotsawers will pay big bucks for them.
By the way was that Cannon sales reps name Dan Hicks?

lol, yup. He's with Woodland International now from what I hear.

lol, yup. He's with Woodland International now from what I hear.

Last time I saw Dan was at a timber show in Kenora, Ontario about 9 yrs ago,smart young guy ,he's got alot of good years ahead of him. I still got his business card hanging on my office tackboard.

Last time I saw Dan was at a timber show in Kenora, Ontario about 9 yrs ago,smart young guy ,he's got alot of good years ahead of him. I still got his business card hanging on my office tackboard.

I liked the guy and we had some good dealings. But he found out later he missed a good opportunity on those tips.

He cut timber up in the islands for years, he had some good pictures.

Latest posts

Back