Cant Hook or Peavy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the 78" LogRite cant hook with the log stand and have no problems putting 2 foot to 3 foot logs up on the stand. Leverage is great. I recommend this over the 60" cant hook or peavey any day if you work with bigger wood regularly.

Logrite cant question

I was wondering if the Logrite canthook will stand up on it own when a log lift is attached? I have the peavey setup and I like being able to poke it in the ground so I don't have to bend down to pick it up. If I can switch out the tips, I'm thinking about trying the cant.

:wave:

Northern Tools -5 ft. Peavey or 5 ft. Cant hook

Near as I can tell the 5 ft. orange color alum peavey # 11984 or cant hook # 119981 that Northern Tools sells is the same thing stihl sells but with out the stickers. It also looks to be the same thing as the Log Rite thats painted blue. For a lot less money.

I was wondering if the Logrite canthook will stand up on it own when a log lift is attached? I have the peavey setup and I like being able to poke it in the ground so I don't have to bend down to pick it up. If I can switch out the tips, I'm thinking about trying the cant.

:wave:

Mine stands up just fine if propped against the logs I'm working. Most of the time, its holding them up in the air so I have to bend over anyway. The other great thing about the cant hook or a peavey is that you can use it to just roll the logs (if you don't want the log stand) after you cut 3/4 through. You can then finish your cut without worrying about hitting the ground. I've used it both ways, just depends upon the size of the wood and how I feel at the time.

northern tools' version of this tool looks identical to Logrite's
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200333229_200333229

sure would like to know if this a real logrite or a chinese copy?

5ft version is $30 cheaper than logrite, but 6.5 ft version is $89 vs $158 for logrite 78in version.

my preference is going with a USA made tool, if it's anywhere close in price. support our American workers.

Near as I can tell the 5 ft. orange color alum peavey # 11984 or cant hook # 119981 that Northern Tools sells is the same thing stihl sells but with out the stickers. It also looks to be the same thing as the Log Rite thats painted blue. For a lot less money.

Latest posts

Back