Carb adjustment tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboyd351

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I need to know where to get a carb adjustment tool for a Walbro WT carb - to adjust the hi and low speed jets. This particular saw is a 33cc Homelite Ranger (yeah, I know) and it has a Walbro WT carb with the recessed adjustment screws. The head of the screws looks to be round flat metal with no slots, but one side is flattened looking at it from the top. Is this a single D or double D screw?
I've rebuilt the carb and saw bogs badly on acceleration, both before and after rebuilding the carb. If you pull the trigger slow it will rev up pretty well, at least for a little while. Pull the plug and it is a nice light tan color. I've also replaced the fuel filter and fuel lines, replaced the plug and mixed fresh gas -still does exactly the same thing. I'm thinking I just need to richen up the low speed jet, especially. Got the saw really cheap from someone who had it given to him, so I know nothing of the history, but it looks like very low use.
I know there are splined, pac man, single D and Double D carb adjustment tools, but am not sure if this is what I'm looking at or where to get the tools.

Any other suggestions are appreciated, as well.

Back