Carb for 200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So your symptoms were that it wouldn't accelerate from idle? Was it loading up?

The reason I ask is because of the 200T I just bought. It's a well used saw but has 150+ PSI compression and runs great except....it doesn't seem to want to hold a tune at idle. I've only used it once for less than a tank so it may just be a tuning issue yet. Also, I haven't sprayed out the carb yet. As I used it I kept tweaking the carb and may have it tuned out. If that's the case, it's a lot more sensative than I'm used to on the Low side. After tuning and then using it for a while, the idle would be higher or lower than before. I'm thinking I was setting it a little too rich and fuel may have been puddling in the case. Once I leaned the low side out a little more than normal, it seemed to clear up. I'm normally close to a 1/4 turn past fastest idle but am clser than that on this one now. This was all done in less than a tank of gas. Further use will be necessary to tell. I realize it could be a small air leak, but it idles down quickly and it's not always a high idle. Sometimes it was too low. Again, im thinking I may have been setting it too rich. I knew there were some issues with these carbs so I just wanted to get the low down on it.

Sorry to ramble on so long. Just trying to give a proper feel for what I'm experiencing.

A failing accelarator pump can manifest in many ways.. two of which are stumple or lag on accel, or, unstable idle.

The 200T is not particularly sensitive on L adjustments. You either have an air leak or carb problems. Check your intake boot very carefully..

Last edited:
BTW, I didn't find this thing to be as hard to work on as some have indicated. I had it down to a bare engine. As long as you don't remove all of the throttle/choke rods from under that retaining rod, it's not that bad at all. I've certainly worked on worse.

I can now fix them blindlfolded (to keep the sand out!) in sandstorm at night (moonless):greenchainsaw:

You don't even have to take the handle apart to remove it..

BTW, I didn't find this thing to be as hard to work on as some have indicated. I had it down to a bare engine. As long as you don't remove all of the throttle/choke rods from under that retaining rod, it's not that bad at all. I've certainly worked on worse.

Yeah, it just seemed confusing at first, since I did not pay much attention to hw it came apart......... it wasn't bad, except for a few spots where needlenose fingers wooda come in handy.:greenchainsaw:

Hook the Linkage on when the carb is barely on the studs. Push it in to seat, then connect the fuel line. Hemostats work best.

I'm going to run the saw with the carb that's on it before doing anything else. The job was done before I had enough time to know if I had tuned it out of it but it seemed like I may have. I went ahead and sprayed everything out in the carb today since I didn't have any cleaner when I cleaned the rest of the saw. It's a simple job to swap the carb, so I'll just have the new carb handy when I do use the saw next. BTW, the original carb is a 61B.

Latest posts

Back