carb settings?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PorKChoP13

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
im trying to set the carb on my ryobi 10532, and i called and they said L-1 1/2, H-1 1/4. does that sound right i cant seem to get it dialed in, any suggestions its takin a while to pull fuel

This may or may not be helpful to you, but check the diameter of the threads on the jets. If they are different, they won't interchange, so you have it made. If the same, I have not been helpful. Good luck with it though.

ok i have got them in the right place and started it now it will run wide open wont idle down even when the butterfly is closed and i can turn the needles in and still wide open

i have been reading up on my problem and i read that if your low speed needle is set to lean that it will cause the saw to race and surge thats kinda the problem that i am having it will fly away then about ie and then it will take off again and when i hit the gas it will speed up and i let off and it will stay up there a few seconds the slightly drop speed and then go back to surging. i have inspected the needles and dont seem to be damaged the seats all look fine as far as i can see does the problem above sound like a low speed needle set to lean?
thanks
Dustin

Update

I just realized that what i had said was wrong i had the needles in backwords and it didnt damage the seats or anything like that but now that they are in corectly it will not pull fuel when they were in wrong i got fuel well actually way way to much fuel it ran eide open and surged and constantly dumping fuel out if the carb what would you guys sugest air leak improper settings or what? Thanks

Back