Carb tuning - Portland OR

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle_Adam

Forum smart but 2stroke stupid....
Reaction score
hey guys,

So I’d like to start off by saying that I can tune the carb on damn near any car out there...... 2 barrel, 4 barrel, SU’s, sidedrafts, single - duel - & triple carb setups. I’ve successfully cleaned, tuned, installed and uninstalled all of the above! However I wasn’t able to do so until one day this cranky ol bastard from one of the car forums I’m part of decided he was tired of all my “newb” questions online. Mainly due to the fact that he didn’t want to type the essays required to answer my questions and it was easier to speak those essay’s as far as he was concerned. So he told he that he would answer all my questions BUT it would cost me $20.......

Slightly perplexed and quite litterly a successful carb tuning away from having the project I’d been wrenching on for 4 months streetable and ready to daily drive. I PayPal’d the old guy $20 via a gift to avoid fee’s (per his request) and waited for whatever was about to come next. To keep this long story as short as I can from here on out, the old man put $10 in his tank, $5 towards smokes, and $5 in his belly and lo and behold he showed up at my front door the next afternoon!! By the end of the weekend I had automotive carb tuning all figured out!!!

Well now that I’m venturing into the land of 2stokes, I find myself having the same types of issue learning to tune a 2stroke carb -.-

So I’m hoping there is someone willing to show/teach me in person how it’s done, hands on/in person is just how my brain learns.

Sooooooooo...... I live in the Beaverton Oregoj area just outside of Portland and I’d gladly pay for the lesson.

Any takers?

Adam

P.S.

I’ve got an Echo CS-400 that’s received a muffler mod
&
A Stihl 041 Av that I’ll be finishing a carb rebuild and gasket replacement in the morning

Both of these saws I’d like help with if possible please

Latest posts

Back