Careful who you give the saw to

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goof008

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just had to share this:
A guy I'm on the fire Department with is the maintenance manager at a large apartment complex in our city. They were cleaning up some blown over trees. They had more strong (Rednecks) backs than chain saws, so some had to use axes. Well, one of the rednecks asked to use the chainsaw when the guy operating stopped to fuel it and get a drink. No one saw the harm in it, the trees were on the ground and everyone was behind him. That was the problem. He had never used a chainsaw before, and had just gotten off ax duty. He picked it up, revved it up, held it at full throttle and swung it over his head like an ax. The guy behind him making sure he used it properly protected his head with his forearm, which he promptly went to the hospital to have stitched up.
Remember common sense isn't common, and not everyone has the same amount of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now there is going to be a new warning label in the operators manual. What's so bad is the chainsaw will be looked at as the problem not the operator.:monkey:

Ok I understand he had never used a chainsaw but had he never SEEN one used?

Just had to share this:
A guy I'm on the fire Department with is the maintenance manager at a large apartment complex in our city. They were cleaning up some blown over trees. They had more strong (migrants from Africa) backs than chain saws, so some had to use axes. Well, on of the Africans asked to use the chainsaw when the guy operating stopped to fuel it and get a drink. No one saw the harm in it, the trees were on the ground and everyone was behind him. That was the problem. He had never used a chainsaw before, and had just gotten off ax duty. He picked it up, revved it up, held it at full throttle and swung it over his head like an ax. The guy behind him making sure he used it properly protected his head with his forearm, which he promptly went to the hospital to have stitched up.

Maybe he didn't like the guy standing behind him?

Maybe all he had seen was horror films. :biggrinbounce2:

He did ask for a hockey mask first! Gotta have the PPE!

Hopefully the "READ OWNERS MANUAL BEFORE USING SAW" will suffice for safety stickers. They will just have to add a section saying, This is not an ax, don not use it as one!

Usually these kind of people take themselves out of our misery...but occasionally they contribute to it.

He picked it up, revved it up, held it at full throttle and swung it over his head like an ax.

Darwin :biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:
They had more strong (Rednecks) backs than chain saws, so some had to use axes.

In your un-edited version...All I could think of was "The Gods Must Be Crazy" movies with some man from a tribal community being introduced to power machinery, uttering some sort of clicking dialect while he "swung" the saw.

Kind of like the joke where the man's eyes light up and says "What's that sound?"

Lets see. I work at a sawmill, I use chain saws, I do tree work part time. Hunt, fish, ride horses, Hey I'm a redneck!!!!!!!!!!! I swear we are just like everyone else, some just dummer than others.

I hope they pulled his drivers license too, obviously an idiot, redneck or not!

Just had to share this:
A guy I'm on the fire Department with is the maintenance manager at a large apartment complex in our city. They were cleaning up some blown over trees. They had more strong (Rednecks) backs than chain saws, so some had to use axes. Well, one of the rednecks asked to use the chainsaw when the guy operating stopped to fuel it and get a drink. No one saw the harm in it, the trees were on the ground and everyone was behind him. That was the problem. He had never used a chainsaw before, and had just gotten off ax duty. He picked it up, revved it up, held it at full throttle and swung it over his head like an ax. The guy behind him making sure he used it properly protected his head with his forearm, which he promptly went to the hospital to have stitched up.

I had to puzzle over this to see what safety rule he violated. Then the bulb lit up!

He tried to cut over his head!

Harry K

Just had to share this:

One of those goons should go into politics...

First, not sure how you did NP, but I didn't put Redneck in there, I put African, not African American either, but straight of the boat, well somewhat, African.
As for cutting over his head, it was more behind it, cool party trick if you can pull it off, he didn't

I almost spit my OJ (not Simpson) all over my monitor when reading some of the replies. That means some of you are just as twisted as me! good to have company.

:greenchainsaw: is why i do not loan my saws to just anybod

Latest posts

Back