carlton 4012 d

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian clark

Reaction score
Hi guys I have the above grinder with remote , great machine apart from one problem.

It keeps jumping between high and low gear , whats the problem and is there anyway I can disconnect the high low speed to just leave it in low travel.

I've got the same machine and mine has been great for a long time. I've never seen that issue - maybe you should call the factory and they could give you some guidance. You should be able to disconnect the switch easy enough - never tried to though. Let us know what you find!

Call and talk to huey at carlton. He really knows the machines. When I have a problem I call him and he always gets me an answer.

I have kind of the same problem. Mine doesn't switch to low gear. It's a pain when working in the stump and loading it on the trailer. Haven't done much investigating into it yet. Thought about just disconnecting the switch but been so busy that I just deal with it.

high / low

very easy to fix, the switch is a bypass for the hydrolic dampener valve, the switch either gives direct power (high) or loops the power through the valve (low with adjustment). open the cover on the front and simply replace the switch and make sure the wiring is right. Takes 5 mins, or is at least as long as it took me.

Back