Carlton SP4012 vs SP5014 Trx 33 Hp Kubota

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRN

Reaction score
New to Stump grinding which to get Carlton SP4012 vs SP5014 Trx, with 33Hp Kubota

I like my 4012 with 44 and remote control. My son plays it like a mistro. It's a beautiful thing to watch. If it was me, it would be ugly.

I have a 4012 with a 33HP Kubota with a Sandvic wheel and full remote like Cohen.I really like it i think the SP5014TRX is a little short and may be top heavy,my be better suited with a 35HP Vangard motor ,lighter and better center of gravity

Tires vs. tracks I can see, but why consider the 33hp over the 44hp?

Bought mine used, 08 last year, with all the options from a private party,had 420 HRS.,asked my dealer about it,he said don't worry it has plenty of power.Went from a 2500-4 with a 27HP Kohler and green teeth to this ,twice as fast.If i was to buy new or at the time a nice used one with a 44HP was available ,would have gone for it.

I went from a Carlton 2300 with a 27 hp gasser greenteeth setup to a 4012 with the 44 kubota with the sandvik setup. It's about 3 to 4x the production.

I went from a Carlton 2300 with a 27 hp gasser greenteeth setup to a 4012 with the 44 kubota with the sandvik setup. It's about 3 to 4x the production.

What aspect makes the job go that much faster? I rented a brush bandit with a 33 hp kubota with green teeth and noticed an increase in power, but at the end of the day it wasn't enough to justify upgrading to a diesel from my 1625 with a greenwheel.

I found that once the 33hp brush bandit got into the chip pile it would bog down. My 1625 really packs the chips under the machine and keeps the cut pretty clear for the first 2-2 1/2 feet of stump.

I want to try out a 4012 with the 44 after listening to some of the guys here. Seems 44hp would be enough power to get through the occasional 6ft plus monster I get while staying practical for all the smaller stump jobs I get.

I would upgrade to the greenwheel but there isn't one available for the 4012. Do you like the sandvik wheel compared to green teeth?

Yes. I'm very happy with the sandvik on my 4012, but I'm comparing it to green teeth on my last grinder which was a 27 hp Vermeer which I know some people will say is not a fair comparison.

I find the Sandvik wheel keeps most of the chips in the hole,which makes clean up a lot easier,and the teeth hold up better [stay sharper] than the 700 Green Teeth.My 4012 has a 33HP Kubota and have no trouble with a bog down problem.I'll go out on a limb and say the Sandvik wheel just performs better than any wheel with Green Teeth.Just my experience

Back