Carving in southern Michigan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I will be at Marine City (near Port Huron) September 18,19 and 20th for thier Octoberfest. If any of you are close, stop in and see me. I will be carving and have many finished carvings for sale.

glad to hear. i however will not be attending but i've been getting more interested in it lately. so any pointers i will appreciate.

Yes, Fall is upon us. Wish I could spend the winter in a warmer place but I've got a ton of wood cut for heat to get thru it.
I have a hard time with posting pics? I will make sure I get some and then you guys can help me post some.

Yes, Fall is upon us. Wish I could spend the winter in a warmer place but I've got a ton of wood cut for heat to get thru it.
I have a hard time with posting pics? I will make sure I get some and then you guys can help me post some.

I have my wood cut for our harsh winter, too. It can dip down into the 50's here. I can try to help you post some pics. I know how but am not good at explaining it.

What kind of btus do you get out of palm trees? Probably enough to fight off 50 degrees right.:cheers:

LOL, A couple years ago a guy had me cut (on the mill) a Palm that he just brought back from Florida. That thing had so much water in it that I couldn't belive it, no wonder it was so heavy. Bet it would take years for it to dry out.

When I moved here back in '82 I used to laugh at the people who thought it got cold here. Your blood thins out. I picked up a dried palm when I was cutting once and it was lighter than air. I burn kiawe and ohia which would be good firewood anywhere. All it has to do is get below 70 and I make a fire. (I know, I'm a wuss)

When I first read that, I thought you ment 50 BELOW 0....-50! Then I realized you live on the Big Island.....ya, pretty much a wuss! HA

Back