cat d3b engine options?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shawn dunn

shawn dunn

I knew about the liners and fixing the block should be easy. I was hesitant putting money into an engine that seems prone to throwing rods. 4bt would be a great upgrade! Those are good engines and plentiful. Should be able get one of those from the local bus yard for a grand or so. Any idea who the company is that has the kit....I searched and couldn't find anything on Google
Did u ever find outhe the company that make a kit to change out the 3204 to the Cummings engine if so please let me know I have same problem & refuse to put a boat ankle back in this equipment.

shawn dunn

shawn dunn

Did u ever find out which company make kit to change the 3204 to a Cummings. I have same problem with 953 drop a valve put hole in piston wall not outside of block. I rather put something in it more affordable that will hold up.

MBarker2018

MBarker2018

I work for a cat dealer and to start off the d3b is a good little cat for the size. 3204 aren't terrible. Biggest thing is getting all the air bled out of the coolant system when filling them. Also a good machine shop can install dry sleeves and read hoan. Just be sure to buy a three ring piston not the two ring. Also dry sleeving is a better option the oversize piston. BTW I build engines and fuel systems. Pm if you have any more questons
@huskyslinger My husband has a d3 dozer with a 3204 engine with a rod threw the block, he was wondering if you knew anymore options he could do. If you could reply that would be great! Thanks.

Latest posts