Catersplitter Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me 3 days to read through this thread. Thanks for posting it, lots of good info and good to look at professional workmanship. All I can say is this an awesome machine you have built.

Thanks for posting this.

John

You're welcome and thanks. Best part about it is that it was "Made in USA"

Kevin, great job. I highly enjoyed reading every page of this thread. You have a top notch build there that will be around for a loooong time. That thing is pure awesomeness. I would rep you but not sure how to. Thanks again.

Kevin, great job. I highly enjoyed reading every page of this thread. You have a top notch build there that will be around for a loooong time. That thing is pure awesomeness. I would rep you but not sure how to. Thanks again.

Hit the star in the lower left hand corner of the post you wish to rep. :clap:

Great work as always Kevin. This splitter won't be complete until we see video of it ripping open a 4 footer :msp_w00t::msp_w00t: :msp_biggrin:

hey, kevin. what kind of cycle times do you get?

With it set on a 24" inch stroke I timed it 8-9 seconds splitting, 8 second return. This was timed with fluid cold so warm temps would speed it up some. IF it would go to second stage that would also slow the splitting stroke down. It doesn't do that too often.

Awesome job!!

Just went trough thread.awesome job !! reps sent!!!What do you do for a living?:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just went trough thread.awesome job !! reps sent!!!What do you do for a living?:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks. Worked on a family farming operation for 10 years. Learned a lot about Fab work then and rebuilding so things wouldn't break. Run a manual surface grinder now for a living and been there 18 years. Don't get into video games or TV, get more satisifaction out of making stuff.

With it set on a 24" inch stroke I timed it 8-9 seconds splitting, 8 second return. This was timed with fluid cold so warm temps would speed it up some. IF it would go to second stage that would also slow the splitting stroke down. It doesn't do that too often.

Just notice a typo as the return is 6 seconds, not 8 as I wrote. Naturally faster due to the large rod taking up space.

"WOW" i live down the street from a CAT dealership and that thing needs to be sitting in the showroom representing your crafstmanship awesome build man i'm jealous.

alittle too big for the ranger to tote around. very impressive work ,i weld at a ag equipment manuf. ,so was noting your fab and weld skills,once again nice work:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

Ditto on the video!

Kevin, where did you get the bypass valve? I'm thinking of adding one to my splitter.

Awesome build! Wish I had some of the toys you have in your shop.

Great job Kevin as everyone else says, a lot of attention to detail. A lot of People dont know how much time that kind of detail work takes.
Fabricating my own splitter as we speak. Again great job and cant wait for videos!!!

Ditto on the video!

Kevin, where did you get the bypass valve? I'm thinking of adding one to my splitter.

Awesome build! Wish I had some of the toys you have in your shop.

James at Splitez can fix you right up. Knows his stuff as he builds them and has great service and prices. He does have a website with parts and splitters.

I'll second that, I needed a cylinder to replace the one that grenaded on my splitter, saw a nice deal on James website called him up ended up talking with him for almost an hour! Couldnt ask for a nicer guy to deal with and his prices are great

James at Splitez can fix you right up. Knows his stuff as he builds them and has great service and prices. He does have a website with parts and splitters.

I'll second that, I needed a cylinder to replace the one that grenaded on my splitter, saw a nice deal on James website called him up ended up talking with him for almost an hour! Couldnt ask for a nicer guy to deal with and his prices are great

Thanks guys, I'll check him out.

Back