Cement saw to a chain saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aokpops

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Might be the best chainsaw I ever seen a mix of Husqvarna Jonhsered a buddy brought it over ,it just didn't run right it was close but not right . Had a new carburetor put that on an tried to adjust it an getting nothing . Put a 372 coil on an it came to life . I always notice cement saws suck and now I know why . I never tuned a saw to 4 cycle letter rip tator chip .

From what I've read--never tried it--the work and parts needed to convert a concrete saw into chainsaw isn't worth the effort & expense. That's not to say it hasn't been done.

OP are you sure you aren't mixing up the brands this frankensaw is made up from? I know I was once toying with the idea of converting a Partner K1250 into a Husqvarna 3120 XP. I posted a thread on here years ago asking for opinions, but it never got much interest and I ended up just fixing it back up as a rail saw and selling it.

As far as I remember the few comments I did get were to poo-poo it and say it couldn't be done, by the usual naysayers, but I'm not convinced. I studied the IPLs for both at the time and I'm sure it was possible just by adding/changing the right parts. It had to be an old Partner, before they changed them to Husky orange version and older still. If you see a real old one they have a cap in the front tank which is totally unused on the concrete saw, but was still threaded to take a screw cap.

I would have loved to have done it and tossed out a few 'I told you so's' but I figured the time it would take me to source the necessary parts, as much second hand as possible, might take forever. Added to that, I would eventually need to sell it on and I considered that trying to ebay a chimera of the most powerful chainsaw Husqvarna make would probably be appealing only to a very niche market of brave souls, regardless of how correct the theory might be.

I might still have a picture of it somewhere, as a concrete saw, but it probably shows what I mean about the oil tank.

Back