Central Boiler E-Classic 2300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralph worley

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hello tony g

i read you bought a Central Boiler E-Classic 2300. how do you like it and how does it work? how much does it smoke?

thank you
ralph

Ralph,

sorry, I haven't been on here in a while.

As for the 2300, we just put fire to it on Saturday Nov 15. During a loading it will smoke some, like any of them. Shortly after that it is amazing how well (clean) it burns, this was very important to me as my neighbors are very close to us.

My in-laws are 150 feet from the burner, were 120 feet away, two other homes are 100 yards away. The neighborhood azzhole in about 150 feet as well. As you can see, it really must burn well.

Ralph, the smoke that really gets your attention is the small indoor units some people are now installing, not this baby.

There were two screw ups on my part, the first being you must establish a nice size bed of coals to maintain a burn. I didn't and it went out.
Secondly, once I got the bed I wanted, I didn't fill the firebox with enough wood in the evening and it was out around 3:00AM.

I still have some experimenting to do with unseasoned wood as well as soft wood.

If you have any questions, and IF I can help you, fire away.

Tony

Back