Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well made it home OK just wanted to say thanks to our host and the miss's :clap:. I think a good time was had by all, great food, great hospitality and as always great people. Man that sixty incher could really make some noodles :eek: and I was very impressed with how the 660 pulled it. The Dolmars were a big hit as always and the new 361 got quite a bit of attention as well. Cut's saws cut like a demon as usual (man I like that 084) and Haywires 372 made a pretty strong showing. The saw gremlins got me a bit today but I managed to muddle through.

Welp off to bed folks that hour of sleep I got last night is all used up now and I'm done. See you all in the morning when I'm able to form a coherent thought. :cheers:

Now for a little pitty party....for me:)

Here's the before shot. I'm running a 36" bar on my ported BS460. It pulled it nicely.
230169652-M.jpg

Oh man. I hate it when that happens! If you're missing any lag bolts, I know where you can find them. I couldn't have hit any better had I been aiming for it!
230169740-M.jpg

That kind of treatment doesn' not make a nearly new 36" Stihl chain last very long!
230169694-M.jpg

230169723-M.jpg

But all's well that end's well. Bill, in his generosity, pulled out his new 200' roll of full-comp square ground and had a new 36" loop made up for me. Now that's the way to make a guy feel better! Thanks Bill. I will get even with you:clap:

Putting all those cookies to good use.
230167786-M.jpg

230169233-M.jpg

Bill, I hate to see you destroy that nice 2-ton log stand with a 5-ton log:chainsaw:
230168391-M.jpg

"You mean 1 extra drive length makes that much difference?"
230173028-M.jpg

That tiny little bar again. I think it weighed more than the 066 is was mounted on.
230172829-M.jpg

Come on Erick, I know you want me to have one of those old 075s you stole. You better get rid of the evidence before they catch up with you:cheers:
230171129-M.jpg

I suppose I'd even be happy with an 084.
230169917-M.jpg

Pull Bill, pull!
230169891-M.jpg

Can't forget those screamin' old Partners.
230169891-M.jpg

Ian, I hate to break it to you, but there are no filing tips on that CD:cheers:
230167284-M.jpg

"Woa baby! This 395's got a little more power than the Super XL."
230166311-M.jpg

Last edited:
This is what GTGs are all about. Having fun and making friends.

You don't want to get too close to that log. It might hurt ya. 60" bar on 066
230172359-M.jpg

I think you people over there should consider the use of shorter bars when the application doesn't really call for the longest ones. You'll save a lot on weight and get more easy handling, really... Did you use that one in the limbing contest as well?
:monkey:

Great pics Brad, tnx for showing!

Had A great Time

I had a great time at the GTG. My first one ..for those of you who have never been to one, make the time and GO.... GO..... GO.... Awsome people and lots of info to be learned. Got to run the 7900. A few of them. everbody needs one. what can i say.. Haywire I love your saw... Cuts' 084......enough said... And don't worry BL you'll be seeing that 361 around. maybe if I can figure it out I'll post some pics. Thanks for the ride eric and eric. Next time well have a few more saws to bring. I'm sure of it...

Haywire i got a muffler on the list of parts to order tomorrow along with a cyl and piston we'll see what we can do about getting that 361 a little quicker. I think we only managed to run one tank through it. That will Change next week Hey Jeeper do you need those tops cut up???? Does anyone have any 361 parts laying around for sale ( Thanks BL for the jug and piston I'll start messing with it next week.) After i find another 361 to tear apart.

Thanks again guys for a great time.

Hey guys. Please give me the names that go with the number pics and I'll edit the posts. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has trouble keeping names and faces straight. Give me their login and actual names.

First, I would like to thank Bill and his family for their hospitality. The event was a great time. I was like a kid in a candy store with all of the different saws. It was a first for me when I ran a dolmar 7900. Everyone always talks about how smooth they are and now I understand why. Those saws cut like butter. The 084's also were a crowd pleaser, no replacement for diplacement comes to mind. It was fun to get my 075 going. I can't wait to tune it up and try it with a sharp chain.

Can't wait for the next one!:greenchainsaw:

Ok, that settles it. I have to go to a GTG Next year, when the little Bowtie is a little older. I sure wish one could be set up a little closer to me. I would love to meet some of you guys. That looks like a LOT of fun! :clap:

A big to thank Bill and his family for hosting such a nice gtg.:cheers: I had a great time, and I can't wait for a chance to redeem myself at the next gtg, (my chains were crap).

If my ported 7900 doesn't pick up some power, I may end up sending it back to the builder for more work.:mad:

It was nice meeting and chatting with everyone and I hope to see you all again sometime soon.

Brad thanks for the nice pics.

Last edited:
Andyshine77...... I wish I had maybe piped up and offered to make a new chain for anyone interested.

So the offer is now on the table. The Oregon chain I had on the wagon was a roll of full comp square chisel. Even though I had my doubts as to the sharpness of it, it cut really well on my saw and maybe Brad will chime in as to how well it performed on his. Anyone wanting a chain I will make at my cost only plus shipping. That chain was $2.25 a foot. I'll break it down to a per link price. This can be a win win deal. Interested parties can get an inexpensive chain and I can recoup some cost so I can buy another roll of another type. PM me if interested.

The chain did cut very well. It made my 045 Super cut quite respectibly, even against newer models. This is a great deal here. It's 3/8 .050 full-comp square ground chisel chain. It could easily be ground with a round wheel once dulled.

Last edited:
I had my 372's 18" bar buried in the big log on the pile and it really sank in like a hot knife through butter with that chain. It was certainly not oak. I asked a couple folk there and they guessed cottonwood. If that is how square cuts in soft wood I understand why they use it out west... I was amazed.

Ian

Latest posts

Back