Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now the long range forecast shows rain on the 8th but I hoping the forecast is as usual ....wrong!!!! Since they rarely get it right more than 24hrs ahead 10 days is a stretch. I just brought in 2 more loads of logs today and going after more in the morning. I'll have pics up tomorrow.

I'm showin anyway, I'll cut in the rain!

Heck I just thought, I don't need a rain date, I'll just have the GTG on both weekends! If weather or a schedule conflict is a problem pick your date. I'll be there at that address regardless.:clap: Just kidding.

You just want your firewood cut and don't care which weekend it happens on. :ices_rofl:

I'm not from the PNW, so I'm not accustomed to cutting in the rain, especially 35 deg rain. I'll have to gracefully bow out if the weather isn't cooperating.

Ian

Last edited:
Anybody got any Top Handle saw to bring for testing?
I have ran the Poulans 1800-2000-2300, Macs mini 130 and another, Homeys super 2, Dolmar 3410 top handles and would like to test the Makita/Tanka one that cost $169 last year, which I hear wasnt great, Like to try the Stihl 200T and 192T and some Husky TH's if anyone has some to bring.
There is a couple 200T near me, but wont get to them till after the gtg.

Hmmmmmm Top handle racing in 6"-8" stuff. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Al, get that piped mini mac ready :clap: . It's in a class of its own.:cheers:
120.jpg

Last edited:
I've got my little Homey XL, but it's SLOW. I'll have it with me though.
I'm really going to be interested in seeing how the SuperXL does this time now that I've put an 8 pin rim and skip tooth chain on it. Just cutting firewood it really seems to cut faster. If Kevin brings the 9 tooth I will want to try it too. The 8 tooth doesn't seem to take any power away just appears to make more chips faster.

Been looking today at the oak logs I brought in yesterday and they appear too nice to just cut up for cookies. Anyone want to bring a mill and mill them? They look like real nice straight clear logs. I've 5 about 8-10' long and somewhere between 24-28" diameter. Will most likely race one at least one though.

I have ran the Poulans 1800-2000-2300, Macs mini 130 and another, Homeys super 2, Dolmar 3410 top handles and would like to test the Makita/Tanka one that cost $169 last year, which I hear wasnt great, Like to try the Stihl 200T and 192T and some Husky TH's if anyone has some to bring.

Too bad but I just sold my 020t (the newer version like the ms200t) last month. I really liked how it cut and it felt good in my hands but I doubt you would have much fun racing it though. They are also very pricey.

Hate to say it guys, but rain on the 8th would be good 'cause I wouldn't be able to make it till the 15th:spam:

Just so the Ohio guys know that hunt.
Dec 15th-16th is the 2nd deer gun season this year too.
If you got any of those 7 tags left thats available this year if you live in the right zone.

Consensus please! If by chance the weather looks better for Sunday the 9th would you all rather come then than the 15th. Thats just in case Sunday is definitely showing a better day and Saturday is a rain out.

Now Kevin, you know your not supposed to run those t.h.s. on the ground. I can see you guys up in a tree doing some 1 handed racing. :D

Latest posts

Back