Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If by chance the weather looks better for Sunday the 9th would you all rather come then than the 15th. Thats just in case Sunday is definitely showing a better day and Saturday is a rain out.

Sat the 8th shows no rain and Sun shows rain now where I am at, 1 hour north of 270 that is. Thats by this mornings weather report forcast.

Now Kevin, you know your not supposed to run those t.h.s. on the ground.
You should know by now I dont listen to alot of the junk people preach here.:D:D

Last edited:
Just a few more pics to prime the event. I hope to go on one more log finding mission before Saturday. If I didn't already mention it some of these logs are almost too nice to cut into cookies. Anyone wanting to bring a mill?
291204472.jpg

291204471.jpg

I am in for the 8th, Sunday the 9th, probably not. The 15th if I dont go deer hunting.

It just better not rain on the 8th:mad: . See you on the 8th :cheers: .

Translation:

"I'll be there whether you are or not. Just leave the logs in plain sight and I'll take care of the rest."

LOL... that's dedication.
Ian

Translation:

"I'll be there whether you are or not. Just leave the logs in plain sight and I'll take care of the rest."

LOL... that's dedication.
Ian

Snow and more snow in my forecast here and 2"-4" more coming. Between that and 20 degree to 30 degrees and with a flu hitting me. I might be out :mad: . Will see and know more by Thurs-Friday.

Oh come on Kevin. Toughen up:jester: Seriously, I hope you get to feeling better and can make it. It's looking like partly cloudy with only 10% chance of precipitation and a high in the low 40s. I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys again, including you Kevin:cheers:

Oh come on Kevin. Toughen up:jester: Seriously, I hope you get to feeling better and can make it. It's looking like partly cloudy with only 10% chance of precipitation and a high in the low 40s. I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys again, including you Kevin:cheers:

Do you promise to bring a endless supply of :censored: snot rags Brad? :help: :cheers: ;)
Man I feel chitty:mad: .

So, are we going to have any "racing" wood? I've got one brand new 16" race chain. Don't want to ruin it but would sure love to try it. Should work nice on a ported 460 with an 8-pin sprocket:hmm3grin2orange:

I've got a pretty good load of logs. Going after some more Thursday morning. As for racing logs, give me your definition. I might already have something in the pile or maybe not and have to look a little more. The 24" oaks are real nice. Alot of it is typical firewood stuff croaked and constantly variable diameters.

I think by race logs, he means 10" diameter and soft wood like poplar or pine. Oak would likely damage that race chain.

Ian

so a Race chain is not meant for real wood?
Humm.. hard for me to figure this all out..

You start paying a $100+ for a REAL GOOD TRUE race chain, you would then understand why you dont cut hardwood or dirty wood with them.
Even a good stiff dryed out poplar cant can take a tooth or 2 off.
I know some people get close to 20 hours labor in a good chain. Even more hours+ in labor for a specialty race chain.

Last edited:
Popular is definitely out. Not so much around here. Pine a little tricky too. Earl has a dead white pine 10+ maybe I can talk him into taking down for the event. Its straight too. Most chance is cherry and walnut and then ash. These oaks where a rare deal to get them this nice and straight too.

Hey I just thought, whats wrong with racing without race chain? I bought a sguare tooth chain a couple of months ago just for a GTG. Thats the closest I'll ever come to race chain.

Hey I just thought, whats wrong with racing without race chain? I bought a sguare tooth chain a couple of months ago just for a GTG. Thats the closest I'll ever come to race chain.

That why I said WORK chains just like the Ind gtg. It works.

I'm more interested in playing around with the longer bars and the 24" logs. I don't get to do that much.

Ian

That's why I said WORK chains for me, just like the Ind gtg. It works.
I will bring 2 square practice chains, just square with cutters sharpened. Just in case Brad wants some action with his 460.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back