Certification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certs for what? Logging? In some states it is required to be licensed/certified. A better question will get you a better answer although you seem to have peeked the interest of the local gestapo.:greenchainsaw:

TreeCo said:
Hey Mike go to this thread to read more of Mr. Hallman's enlightened views on arborist certification. Of course his most brilliant statements have been removed.

http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=30630

He's been banned under two user names in the past 24 hours due to obscenities in his postings.

Thanks for the link Dan. I guess I missed all of the excitement but probably because I'm not an arborist. If I were, certification would be paramount I would think.

I wonder if it's worth all the money to become certified if you want to be a dentist or a mechanic?:dizzy:

Newfie said:
Certs for what? Logging? In some states it is required to be licensed/certified. A better question will get you a better answer although you seem to have peeked the interest of the local gestapo.:greenchainsaw:
Had it right the first time, Newfie, before Dan "corrected" you. Getting back to the question, yes, certifications can help you in most cases. Whether or not the certification is of use in the real world of treework is sometimes in doubt, but it can get you in the door. For example, some cities advertise positions that require ISA certification, but because of the weak (by any reasonable educational standard) methods of ensuring competence in this field, this certification is of limited value. Said it before, I'll say it again, ISA certification is no gaurantee of anything, a smart 12 year old could do it. I encourage people to learn about trees, actually I encourage people to learn about anything that interests them, for thier benefit, not bragging rights. I know a few men, all decent treeguys, who are ISA certified, they do not think it is anything special, they know some people here who became ISA certified, like buddy said to me "as soon as they certified --------, I lost all respect". And so it is, a roll of the dice, maybe a good arborist, maybe not.

Latest posts

Back