Certified Arborist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Shauger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How many of you are certified arborists? Was the exam difficult? You get the books from ISA is that right? How long to prepare for the exam?

I am, it is an easy exam. Tricky in a few parts but not difficult. Get the study guide. If you can do the sample probs, you can do the exam. I studied for 30 min tops.

That sounded pretty condecending. It was pretty easy but my only goal was to pass, not to get an A, etc. Therefore, it was not the monster of a study session you would have if you knew you had to get at least an A to pass.

It is a different exam for everyone. I have never been good at quizzes, and test but I have always been the kind of student that could easily "wing" a big exam. Lucky maybe

The sample questions are good at letting you know where you stand.

Nate -
Certified Anarchist:eek:

Last edited:
I just got my results back yesterday scored high on alot of my sections lower on the ones that I do not deal with all the time. Read the book and practice the questions they give you and you should pass.

I remember the test not being too tough. I guess if you know it, it's easy.:)

Although, I also remember several of the questions had the infamous "multiple correct answer syndrome", aka the "which one is righter dilemma".

And yes, I'm a Certified Arborist. (Still like saying it!)

Latest posts

Back