chain and saw test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i ran the stihl rsc, rsc3, windsor 50a(fullskip) huskavarna, and oregon JP (full skip).

i was running both the husker 359 and stil ms310 both wearing rsc chains , both freshly shaprend by me, both saws cut very good but the 359 modded does noticably out cut the 310 the 359 also holds on to its Rs much easier and can hog through the wood faster..

next i ran the windsor 50a full skip i only had one of these chains so i only tried it on the 359. felt alittle slower than the stihl rsc chain., the husqavarna chain(dont know the model) i think the husky chain cut faster..

then i swaped to the 20" bar and ran the oregon jP ful skip this is a fast cutting little combo. i think it may right there with the RSC.

i ran the RSC3 and couldnt tell any difrence. only difreince is the added hump in the drive link.

i think from now on the 359 will wear the RSC that chain was noticalby faster than all others and stayed sharp for alot of cutting. i was cutting the 34" rounds down into more managable sizes for spliting.

one thing i do know is if you have sharp RSC on 310 290 you have good cutting setup. you throw that same chain on a modded 359 and youl be amazed what yove been missing out on..

i may be modding the 310 soon then well have another head to head same chain same bar lenght shoot out.

i guess cad starts with testn chains for the best set up.

i might get a 20" rcs. heck i think ill buy a reel of it and make my own, that RSC is good stuff.

more to come later

Evan

Latest posts

Back