Chain....normal wear or worn out??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
IMG_5176.JPG

Thats what most of our old chains at work look like. You can rock it from side to side a little as well. As long as its sharp, it should work pretty well. Just my .02$

:cheers:

Looks like that is what causes the raised lip on a bar that needs to be filed down from time to time.

I have run chains until the bottom of the rivet hole starts cracking. That hawk bill hook on the top will make the bottom wear faster.

The only time you should start to worry. Is when you start breaking teeth off. I mean running them down straight to the corners. All of this I know. Work for a poor company. After breaking 4 or 5 teeth. Then its time to replace your chain.

I agree with most of these guys that this chain is fine to run, that said if you start to see alot of that and alot worse the first thing you want to check is the rim sprocket. A worn out rim will cause that really quick on a new chain even.

What have you been cutting with it?Is that a cutter in the top left?It looks beat up compared to some of my old worn out chains.

It came on a saw I got used. The top left cutter is ok and compares to the others. Just looks bad in pic. WDO

Latest posts

Back