Chain saw wont start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronse_r

Reaction score
Hi. i have an 15 year old chainsaw. Summer's coming around and i would really like to use my chainsaw. Unfortunately, there is something wrong with it. The pull-cord is stuck and is impossibly hard to pull. Then i pulled the spark plug out and the the pull-cord works like normal with the spark plug out. Then put the spark plug back in and the pull-cord is frozen again.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Hi. i have an 15 year old chainsaw. Summer's coming around and i would really like to use my chainsaw. Unfortunately, there is something wrong with it. The pull-cord is stuck and is impossibly hard to pull. Then i pulled the spark plug out and the the pull-cord works like normal with the spark plug out. Then put the spark plug back in and the pull-cord is frozen again.

I appreciate any help you can give.

you'll get many more, and better replies posting this in the chainsaw forum (keep scrolling down).
If it's pulling over fine without the sparkplug, there may well be something wrong with the starter mechanism (jamming under load), or extra stuff in the crankcase and jug (like bar oil due to bad seals...). But first, what saw is it?

Make sure you have the correct sparkplug in it! If it's too long,your piston will hit it and jam your starter. Mark

Back