Chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the end of a long day of cutting, I just drop the bar nose into a nice pile of gravel and go full throttle. The natural abrasive action of the fine pumice-like stones hone the cutters to a razor sharp edge that is second to none. Keep wasting your $$$ on files and grinders you suckers......:jester:

Hey, I tried this method today and it didn't work. What size of gravel do you use?

try the 20nk from bailey's.. might need a new bar to but for my MS260 it has been great.

The Husky dealer here carries 20nk, 95VP, 33SL and 20BP chain in .325 chain. They all run just fine on my Oregon Pro Lite bars. To me there is no point in buying another bar for the 95VP/20nk chain.

We own a tree service and sell about 200 truck loads of wood per year. I perfer to use the 95vp on the smaller stihls and use and use the 59j skip tooth on the ms 660 and 880. As long as you don't hit the ground chains will last forever. Some of the stihl chains just have way to many teeth and to much anti kick back stuff on them. We use all oregon and couldn't be happier. If you could buy it by the roles you will save tons of money. For our ms 880 you can make about 14 chains with 108 drivers 36 bar 404. If you bought those chains in loops you would spend a ton. 100ft roll is 320. About 23 dollars for one chain.

Hey Troast66 - so where do you find chain by the roll? I'm new here and just learning the home sawmilling side of things. My son and I have a Stihl 390 with a RSLFK84 skip chain. But dealers want $30+ for them. Just wonder if it would be worth getting a roll of this for the long haul. What do you guys think?

PS - I can't believe their is a forum for chainsaw lovers, this is great.

We just get our out of Baileys logging supplys. You don't have to get a 100 feet you can just get 25 if you want. If you google bailey logging supplys it will take you to there website

i use a full chisel chrome stihl chain on my 290 18inch bar .325 @.063 with a muffler mod and I have seen and tried other brands like windsor oregon and some others and so have my friends ....stihl is " still" the best there is and worth the little bit of extra cost i n my opinion .if i didnt have to pay the 26 bucks for a stihl chain trust me i wouldnt do it ,but i have yet to see a over the counter chain for my saw that keeps an edge and blows out a chip roost out like these do.

Latest posts

Back