chainsaw breaker spinner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlen

Me and my wife at Wild Amimal Park San Diego
Reaction score
Last edited:
Dont do it, I had one and all its good for is cracked rivets, and the steel anvil for the breaker is to soft to hold the link in place.
I got the one from Baileys and it works great.

I've never owned a harbor freight tool that was any good. Bought a grinder one time for 8 bucks on sale, and the first time it was used by my brother it caught on fire in his hands. ouch. Needless to say Lesson learned.

harbor freight grinders.

I've never owned a harbor freight tool that was any good. Bought a grinder one time for 8 bucks on sale, and the first time it was used by my brother it caught on fire in his hands. ouch. Needless to say Lesson learned.

I have owned 4 or 5 grinders from harbor freight.I have never had a problem with them. I loaned out my Ryobi grinder that I had used for a couple of years to this guy it burned it up in 10 minutes.

You need to use the right tool for the job you can't force a grinder let it do the work you can't use a small grinder to do a job of a large grinder. I would say it was operator error that destroyed your grinder or your brother is very hard on tools. Besides you probably returned it to Harbor Freight after it was destroyed for a new one or a refund.

I know they make some junk but they do have a good return policy. I don't buy too many professional plumbing tools from Harbor Freight because that is my trade. For occasional use I don't think you can beat them. David

Last edited:
arlen
You may be right about that. But my brother was just taking rust off of his tin roof and after a couple of minutes. poof, I never took it back as the gas would probably have cost me more than it was worth. I buy the most expensive tool that I can afford. The good ones usually last a lifetime

arlen
You may be right about that. But my brother was just taking rust off of his tin roof and after a couple of minutes. poof, I never took it back as the gas would probably have cost me more than it was worth. I buy the most expensive tool that I can afford. The good ones usually last a lifetime

I may have been a bit harsh. If you apply too much force to a grinder you can burn it up. :cheers: David

Back