Chainsaw Dyno bring saws to there knees. Build from start to end with video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. I don't get on here so much anymore. Still running saws and modding one every now and then. The dyno has not been touched for probably two years. I'd love for someone that had the spark I had to take over my dyno. I'd sell it cheap. Make me an offer.
I just came across the thread, but am curious on the saw dyno. Always sorta wanted to get my hands on one since I live in town and dealing with cookies and saw chips gets annoying for testing my builds. Got any pics or link of it by chance?

Good to hear from you Chad
I am collecting parts to build a dyno. As I an in Canada purchasing yours is out of the question lol
Will try a disk brake first
Load cell will be a hydraulic cylinder with a dampener and gauge

I just came across the thread, but am curious on the saw dyno. Always sorta wanted to get my hands on one since I live in town and dealing with cookies and saw chips gets annoying for testing my builds. Got any pics or link of it by chance?[/QU
I just came across the thread, but am curious on the saw dyno. Always sorta wanted to get my hands on one since I live in town and dealing with cookies and saw chips gets annoying for testing my builds. Got any pics or link of it by chance?

Very nice! I would love to have something like that at some point to put a consistent load on a saw for tuning, but I would never use it enough to justify the space for it at the present time.

Made the load cell. Gauge will read 100psi with 20 pounds force so will be 10 ftlbs on a 6" lever.
Don't forget that two stroke saws do not make much torque. You need to measure ft-lbs in at least the .01 lb to be able to see the tiniest increase in HP. My scales measured .001 lb.

I mod more than saws. This is my Kubota. Added a turbo and boosted the HP 76% Wait till the end of the video as I have some pictures of my fabrication work to fit the turbo under the hood. I'm looking into building a pulling tractor. If only I could get a turbo on a saw.

Ordered a strain gauge and amplifier to mess with as well. Should get enhanced accuracy wrt force measurement that way. Will need to figure out a calibration lol
Will orient the torque arm vertical so no weight error. Cal will be a known weight at a precise distance.

If the torque arm is vertical, cal will be tough as you will have to have a balanced fixture to hang your weight on or the arm holding the weight will screw up the cal. If the torque arm is horizontal, you can zero the sensor, then add your weight to it for cal.

Latest posts

Back