Chainsaw Forum Questions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you like to see?

• Keep it as it is

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • combine Hot Saw and Chainsaw forum and get rid of sub forums

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • bring in sub forums from hot saws and make chainsaws full of sub forums to choose from

Votes: 64 38.8%
  • Don't care, only here to disrupt.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • put it all together and while you are at it, get rid of the stickies!!

Votes: 28 17.0%

• Total voters

Darin

No Longer Here
Reaction score
Hello all,
While on vacation last week I thought of a few things. I read the polls concerning mod saw forums....and not a ton of people even look in there cause they don't even know it's there.
My questions on the poll above will be self explanatory. Here is the problem. At times we have so many new posts that come in if they are all in chainsaw that it is harder for some to keep up on all the new posts. Some say it's hard to keep up with all the new posts in different forums.
I am considering grouping all the chainsaw forums together, just having a bunch of subforums in the chainsaw section etc. I don't think it is totally working at the moment based on the mod saw poll I saw so I am picking your guys brains.

Darin, ...if you can make it easily accessable and make it so that stands out alone and not just grouped up under another heading then more traffic will follow. If its chainsaw related and can be kept in the chainsaw forum it will get traffic.
Pioneerguy600

Make sure you all do the poll!!

I am also concerned about the stickies. There is too many but they are needed. That is why the subforums would be nice all under chainsaw BUT I really don't like sub forums.

I voted:

Put it all together and while you are at it, get rid of the stickies!! The good threads stay on top anyway, and the search works if what your looking for is not on top.

Go to My**********Forum and look at John Deere under the lawn and garden tractor subforum and see what they did with their stickies. I don't know what to call it, but they are all in one at the top of the page. I don't know whether that makes it so nobody looks at stickies anymore or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to My******Forum and look at John Deere under the lawn and garden tractor subforum and see what they did with their stickies. I don't know what to call it, but they are all in one at the top of the page. I don't know whether that makes it so nobody looks at stickies anymore or not.

I see how they do it...it's really no different than one of the choices. Problem is that somebody has to choose the right forum to see the sticky. Doubtful that will happen here.

if we had more threads per page then the new topics would not disappear as quickly

I am not sure how to vote... I think it would be better if all the chainsaw related material be put together. Subforums would be the only way to keep it clean. You would also need to keep a few stickies, like the e-bay and manual threads.

I'm not much of a sub forum guy, but in this case I like the idea. The chainsaw forum just has tons and tons of info in it and it would help sift through the type of info each member is searching for. How bout a chainsaw 101 sub forum? Seems to be a bunch of "which saw should I buy" and "what oil ratio" questions cluttering up the forum.

Back