Chainsaw Gunk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKDriveSprocket

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I clean the chainsaws with a air compressor and some of it gets on my work clothes. Even after washing I can smell it. Whats the best way to get the smell out of my clothes?

I clean the chainsaws with a air compressor and some of it gets on my work clothes. Even after washing I can smell it. Whats the best way to get the smell out of my clothes?

I've never been able to - I keep grease clothes (after they've been worn out) and non grease clothes. When they smell too much of diesel/petrol I burn them... By that time some more ones have worn out to replace them!

Wear differnet clothes............
OR, there is a product called "Anti Icky Poo" (available from "Mr. Max") that will supposedly remove all odors....

http://www.antiickypoo.com/

It does work better than anything on cat pee that has soaked into wood.

Rotsa ruck.:greenchainsaw:

I have a girlfriend!!! :jawdrop:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

maybe I shouldn't have said that my dear :bowdown:

7sleeper

Last edited:
All i use is tide have never really found any thing that will take all the grease out I just live with it. In the summer i take extra shirtswith me to the woods so i ont have to wear a sweaty one all day It seem to help to not get so dirty also.

Dawn Dish Soap will cut any and all grease, so just add a squirt of that to your wash machine, or soak them for a day before you wash them.
It cuts grease like crazy.

Dawn Dish Soap will cut any and all grease, so just add a squirt of that to your wash machine, or soak them for a day before you wash them.
It cuts grease like crazy.

yes but be careful. my best friend tried this and used too much. had bubbles for days. i laughed he told me to leave ha

Revoke his man card. Worried about smelling like a chainsaw? Whats the problem. I have clothes for when I need to smell purdy but the wife actually likes the smell of chainsaws. My daughter loves it when Ive been cutting Cedar all day she says I smell good.:chainsaw:

well i was gonna ask, what is wrong with the smell of two stroke exhaust and wood chips?, but i think the point has already been made:cheers:

I'm a diesel mechanic and have to deal with greasey clothes all the time. We use Simple Green sprayed on as a pretreater for the bad spots and as the main detergent in the machine as well. The Simple Green very concentrated and cuts like a knife. I have my solvent tank at home filled with it and it cuts chainsaw grease and grime without effort. I will never use mineral spirits again!

Latest posts

Back