Chainsaw Gunk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
harrygrey382

harrygrey382

Addicted to ArboristSite
I clean the chainsaws with a air compressor and some of it gets on my work clothes. Even after washing I can smell it. Whats the best way to get the smell out of my clothes?

I've never been able to - I keep grease clothes (after they've been worn out) and non grease clothes. When they smell too much of diesel/petrol I burn them... By that time some more ones have worn out to replace them!

teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
I clean the chainsaws with a air compressor and some of it gets on my work clothes. Even after washing I can smell it. Whats the best way to get the smell out of my clothes?

Wear differnet clothes............
OR, there is a product called "Anti Icky Poo" (available from "Mr. Max") that will supposedly remove all odors....

http://www.antiickypoo.com/

It does work better than anything on cat pee that has soaked into wood.

Rotsa ruck.:greenchainsaw:

7sleeper

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a girlfriend!!! :jawdrop:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

maybe I shouldn't have said that my dear :bowdown:

7sleeper

Last edited:
385XP

385XP

ArboristSite Guru
All i use is tide have never really found any thing that will take all the grease out I just live with it. In the summer i take extra shirtswith me to the woods so i ont have to wear a sweaty one all day It seem to help to not get so dirty also.

Deadman

Deadman

ArboristSite Operative
Dawn Dish Soap will cut any and all grease, so just add a squirt of that to your wash machine, or soak them for a day before you wash them.
It cuts grease like crazy.

gremlin

gremlin

ArboristSite Guru
Dawn Dish Soap will cut any and all grease, so just add a squirt of that to your wash machine, or soak them for a day before you wash them.
It cuts grease like crazy.

yes but be careful. my best friend tried this and used too much. had bubbles for days. i laughed he told me to leave ha

Cedarkerf

Cedarkerf

Known to some as....
. AS Supporting Member.
Revoke his man card. Worried about smelling like a chainsaw? Whats the problem. I have clothes for when I need to smell purdy but the wife actually likes the smell of chainsaws. My daughter loves it when Ive been cutting Cedar all day she says I smell good.:chainsaw:

woodheater

woodheater

ArboristSite Member
I'm a diesel mechanic and have to deal with greasey clothes all the time. We use Simple Green sprayed on as a pretreater for the bad spots and as the main detergent in the machine as well. The Simple Green very concentrated and cuts like a knife. I have my solvent tank at home filled with it and it cuts chainsaw grease and grime without effort. I will never use mineral spirits again!

Latest posts