Chainsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be surprised

Someone else on this forum uses and electric saw. I was amazed at the stuff he milled with it.

That rail set up is nice. He said the little electric saw does well on oak.
This is a perfect example of making what you have work. I'll agree it could be quicker with a big saw but this still gets it done. You can hand plane or use a jointer. They both work, right?

Makes my 028 milling saw look like a hoss!

I used a little Poulan electric last winter to cut up some 4'-6' green birch logs in the basement shop after snowfall. It did the job pretty well and had a surprising amount of torque for a cheapo ($90) but I eventually smoked the coil and burned it out after working it too hard for too long. It could cut faster than my Husky 50 does though, and was just as loud.

I like the looks of that Logosol, I was already thinking of building a similar setup but Alaskan-style, using the spare 3HP motor I have kicking around.

Alternatively, a local woodworking supply store has an attachment to turn your circular saw into a small chainsaw with a beam cutter type setup. The bar looks to be about 10" long at most and it looks like .043 chain on it. You'd probably want to have a good, heavy-duty saw though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back