Chainsaw photography

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pictures are taken with an old digital Olympus. I took it when I got my wife a much nicer camera. This way I don't feel bad taking it with me on one of my "chainsaw missions" in the woods. Here is a recent snapshot of my little Poulan Micro sitting on a round of walnut. My dad bought this back in the 70's and was our family's first saw. Its a keeper.

Yup sentimental value trumps all. Have a c-51 I will never part with. Olympus takes a good pic. I also have a older camera for equipment scouting just in case it rains or something.
attachment.php

Love the muff man is it straight piped?? haha lol:wink2:

Deye now your got those bars your gonna have to buy the same saw polish as Andrew uses

nar just move to geelong and drop them off at andrews place once a week for a clean and pick em up later.
the 260 is prety clean but the 460 is stained up a bit mabe i should send to andrews saw polishing services PTY LTD HAHA :cheers:

nar just move to geelong and drop them off at andrews place once a week for a clean and pick em up later.
the 260 is prety clean but the 460 is stained up a bit mabe i should send to andrews saw polishing services PTY LTD HAHA :cheers:

Bahahahahahaha. Andrew would make millions if all he'd do is start up a cleaning business :D He should work for Stihl setting up all the saw displays for their catalogue photos. A bit like the people who build those faultless burgers in the McDonalds adverts.

Are you blokes takin the piss.
The thing is if i had a second hand saw for sale i reckon ya would wont it.:laugh:

Yeah we're taking the piss Andrew :D No I wouldn't buy one of your second hand saws unless you get a Husky ;)

Andrew I was fishing but I was also being respectful too.

I think I caught a marlin.

I have always been a maintenance person and it is not maintained until it is clean.

Part of reliability centred maintenance is that there is no such thing as normal wear and tear only damage from contamination.

Life is too short to convert the uneducated. read my comments in isolation and you might get a different tone.

(deye you need to lift your game to be in the GB club)

Matt is the full of toorak tractor mud decal kinda comments cause he is kinda Jealous but also too lazy too do a full detail job.

Last edited:
So is this better guys its has some spray on dust for yas.

attachment.php

Spray some on the bar next time ;)

Matt is the full of toorak tractor mud decal kinda comments cause he is kinda Jealous but also too lazy too do a full detail job.

Don't confuse lazy with not having the time to clean something back to new when it doesn't effect a saw's reliability or performance. If compressed air can't get it off it stays there. I'm only having a joke with Andrew, even Stihl can't get a saw that clean off the production line :) I mean I'd love to keep my saws in as new showroom condition but resale value means nothing if you never intend to sell it. A lot of people overlook that point.
I have a whole heap of rifles that are like new because beating them around actually affects accuracy by shifting scopes etc. A bit of grease, oil, and sawdust on a saw doesn't make it stop cutting properly. I hope :D

Matt is the full of toorak tractor mud decal kinda comments cause he is kinda Jealous but also too lazy too do a full detail job

Substitute lazy for Lacks the same motivation.

Matt is the full of toorak tractor mud decal kinda comments cause he is kinda Jealous but also Lacks the same motivation too do a full detail job

Matt I see brad muff modded a 201 and advanced the timing.
I remember you talking about it being difficult to MM a 201 because of the cover.
Have you seen the stick on fibreglass mat with a aluminium foil on it you can buy it a motor bike shops for putting on the inside of the plastic covers

THT-13500%20heat%20barrier.jpg

Matt is the full of toorak tractor mud decal kinda comments cause he is kinda Jealous but also too lazy too do a full detail job

Substitute lazy for Lacks the same motivation.

Matt is the full of toorak tractor mud decal kinda comments cause he is kinda Jealous but also Lacks the same motivation too do a full detail job

Matt I see brad muff modded a 201 and advanced the timing.
I remember you talking about it being difficult to MM a 201 because of the cover.
Have you seen the stick on fibreglass mat with a aluminium foil on it you can buy it a motor bike shops for putting on the inside of the plastic covers

THT-13500%20heat%20barrier.jpg

man, looks slow. i think its overheating. you need this :jester:

cheaper then the stihl/husky foil stickers and works waaaaaaaaaaaaay better too.

Latest posts

Back