Chainsaw photography

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to upgrade. I can't get anywhere near that clarity with my setup. Very nice work, John

054.jpg

Took this somewhere in PA
076.jpg

056.jpg

085.jpg

086-Copy.jpg

092-Copy.jpg

Just a simple Panasonic DMCFZ8 I love this little camera! 12x zoom

My flash setup. Two big fugly SB-900s, an SB-800, and an SU-800 commander on the hotshoe. All setup to do macro here. I also use them with umbrellas/softboxes for portrait work. I really enjoy using the CLS units.

RS33 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

Is that your work? And you post a pic of it? Pretty damn rough cutter there Tzed. You need to work on your technique. Sad, very sad.:D

Oh, did I mention I hate you guys? Really. Because after looking over this thread, I realized I needed to grow up and get a real camera, the cellie just sin't going to do it. So YOU guys are responsible for my purchase last night of a Casio Exilim EX-FH100 with some trimmings to make things more fun. I hate you guys. Cost me $400 total. Wait 'till I tell my wife.:D

Is that your work? And you post a pic of it? Pretty damn rough cutter there Tzed. You need to work on your technique. Sad, very sad.:D

Oh, did I mention I hate you guys? Really. Because after looking over this thread, I realized I needed to grow up and get a real camera, the cellie just sin't going to do it. So YOU guys are responsible for my purchase last night of a Casio Exilim EX-FH100 with some trimmings to make things more fun. I hate you guys. Cost me $400 total. Wait 'till I tell my wife.:D

Enjoy your new toy!!!

Motorola DROID x with led flash and mechanical shutter.
486547dc-f6f7-0902.jpg

3120 hung ring

New bar and chain for the 7900. Cant wait to try it out. I think the 24" will be a better match than the 20" was. Something just wasn't right when cutting with the 20". Almost seemed too fast (if such a thing) and couldn't properly clear the chips out.

Kinda weird saying 7900 still with the 6400 logo on the side tho. :smile2: Maybe that's not a bad thing...

IMG_0374640x480.jpg

Just in case you didn't already know this, shoot the smallest aperture possible when shooting macro if you are worried about the out of focus portions. Macro photography greatly narrows the depth of field. An f4 setting may only give you a 1/4" in focus where an f16 may give you an inch and a half in focus. For some reason I'm thinking you used to mess with manual focus so this is useless to you. The EXIF data was stripped off the file so I couldn't check your settings.;)

Latest posts

Back