Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 8 year old 346xp.

p101004702qb8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's Here, It's Here

I purchased an old McCulloch 10-10 Automatic, off of eBay, on the 31st of May, for $33.00, + shipping, total of $79.10. It arrived yesterday, by mail. When I got it home, I checked the compression, and it was good. I tested the spark, and it seemed OK.
I took off the clutch, and starter shrouds. I then pulled the clutch assembly, blew out the old saw dust, with the air compressor, and cleaned it up. I greased the clutch bearing, put a different clutch hub, and rim type chain sprocket. put it back together with out the bar.
I put in some gas/mix, and in the tank, and put some gas/mix into the carburetor throat. I gave it a few pulls, and it started up, ran for a minute, and quit.
Tried to get it to start, again, and could. I pulled the spark plug, it was wet. Changed spark plug, and tried to start it, but it would only offer. So I took the starter side back off, pulled the flywheel, and replaced the points, and condenser with a computer chip. put it back together, took it out side, tried to start it.
One pull, and it was running. Adjusted the carburetor, and runs really good now. I then sharpened the chain. I dressed the bar with my sanding machine using the flat wheel and the machines bench, and made the rails even. Took the burs off the side edges, and put it together.
If it don't rain on the weekend, I plan to cut some wood with it. When I get a chance I am going to wrap the bare front handle, to take away the vibrations from the saw. After that I want have my left hand be bothered with the vibrations of the motor, while cutting.
Keep safe while running these machines, and have lots of fun doing it. I always try to, and enjoy it. Bruce.

Well ain't I a Real Big Dummie

Can somebody give me a hand posting pictures. parrisw took the time to post, Post Pics for dummies. I follow the instructions he provided, I enter C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\MyDocuments\, and then I press upload. Under where it says Manage Attachments, on this small window, it says Documents Failed. I tried to enter this for 2 hours, with the same results. I have no Idea what I am doing wrong. I must be a real big dummie.

:dizzy:

Also if they are not under 300kb they won't load. You'll need to downsize them to fit.

So I've got a question. When I post my pics they show up as a link instead of just showing up in the post. What determines the two different ways of the pics showing up?

-LouieIV :givebeer:

Bruce- You need to find the specific file, not just the location of the file. Are you finding the specific file with the right file extension?
OK, Is it the number on the picture, that I need to use for the specific file, or is it the specific file that I am after, is My Pictures that I need to use. I really appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks again. Bruce.

Here are three sets of twins, and a couple of photo's of more saws...

attachment.php

621 Jonsered

attachment.php

910 & 930 (not really twins but closed enough)

attachment.php

McCulloch SP125C

attachment.php

The whole Jonsered family: 910, 920, 621, 621, 2050

attachment.php

And Mark's big Mac collection
Mark. I was admiring you collection of McCullochs. I was wondering if you could help me with some information on the Mac 1-10. I purchased one for $20.00, a few weeks ago.
I bought it from a scrap pile in a small engine repair shop. Took it home. changed the points, and condencer, to a computer chip, Changed the clutch side starter, because it was slipping. I had another one. Changed clutch drum spur sprocket to a removable rim type drum, and sprocket. Got it running. Great saw.
Can you please tell me what year they were introduced, and what year they were last made. This saw was built before my time. I was born in 1966.
Any advice on this saw would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bruce.

My two saws, neither one of them very glorious unfortunately.

Pee-wee-1.jpg

Homelite Timberman I've had for about 7 years now (first saw)

IMG_2739.jpg

Stihl 044 that I bought off Ebay and just got today

Pee-wee-1.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

Stihl 044 that I bought off EBay and just got today
If they get the work done by the end of the day, they are glorious. If they don't, there a pain in the derriere.
Bruce.

:chainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:

Pee-wee-1.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

Stihl 044 that I bought off EBay and just got today
I'm still trying to get my pictures posted. I bought a McCulloch Mac 10-10 Automatic, off of eBay as well. it arrived Wednesday by mail. Bruce

I'm still trying to get my pictures posted. I bought a McCulloch Mac 10-10 Automatic, off of eBay as well. it arrived Wednesday by mail. Bruce

Try setting yourself up with an account at Photobucket or Webshots, makes posting pics somewhere a breeze. Photobucket is a one click deal, then you come over to the forum and paste the code into the reply box and you're set.

That's how i do it. I have an account with
Photo Bucket. Seems to be easy but took
a bit and my daughters help to figure it
all out.

Lee

Send your Daughters here. They would be able to set mine up, Now they know what they are doing with this Fan dangled outfit.. If this thing was one of my old Macs, I would have it figured out by now. Oh well, I will keep trying. Bruce. P.S. I was only Joking about sending your Daughters over. I think my 10 year old Daughter knows more about computers, than I do. She will be here tomorrow for a visit, with her Dad, which I'm looking forward to. Happy Fathers Day tomorrow.

:dizzy: :jawdrop: :cry: :chainsaw:

Do ypu have your saw holder, mounted mounted on the loader moonting bracket of your tractor? Plwase post pictures of your idea. looks good. Bruce.

Bruce I don't have anything showing the whole thing, but it works good. I need to take some pictures of it and start a thread. Here are some bit's and peices of it with some saws.

p101004102hl3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

p1010022ml2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

p1010252he5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OK, Is it the number on the picture, that I need to use for the specific file, or is it the specific file that I am after, is My Pictures that I need to use. I really appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks again. Bruce.

You need to browse to the specific file click on the file name so its highlighted then click ok, then click upload.

You should read through my post carefully on how to post pics for dummies. Its really not too hard, and questions just don't hesitate to ask.

Will

Firewood Fun

View attachment 73131

View attachment 73132

View attachment 73133

View attachment 73134 "T", the son in law and I went out firewooding yesterday. He had gotten his Forest Service permit and permission to drop one dead fir. Since it was just one tree I only took six saws for us. A, 680 Solo/32", 2 Stihl 064's/28", Husky 61/272@24", Husky 266xp with a new Gilordoni cylinder assembly and a 20" bar, and a rather old Husky 162@20". My usual assortment of saws in order to seperate the "STUDS" from the "DUDS". Only "Dud" was the 266 as it didn't want to draw fuel from the tank. Possibly a vent problem. :(

I have put some videos of this trip on YouTube. You can find them by looking me up( I think). farley9n

At any rate it was a fun day......Bob

Latest posts

Back