Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That may be a simple fix.
Could just need a tweak on the low screw richer 1/8 turn can make all the difference.
Or the carb could need a kit.

thanx for the info man, but it takes more time to mess with it, as a small guy on the chain, i know time=money! but maybe he will throw me a bonus if i fix it? wishfull thinkin is always good, i guess i will help him out, rep for the info man!

My chainsaw storage in the shop

Thought I would make my first post a picture of my saws I'm not a pro just a farmer.

The stump is on wheels with a hinged lid.

3141687401_b07240ba82_o.jpg

Thanks for putting that pic up so it can be seen without clicking it- I'll have to learn that trick. When I was a kid an older logger friend of mine had a 610, and he swore it was the best saw he ever owned. He told me all about what a technical marvel it was, took it apart so that I could see the two cylinders, and even let me cut a bit with it. This of course put a burning desire in my heart to have one, and years later was lucky enough to buy this one from a landscaper friend of mine- why he had it I'll never know, but he didn't like it because it didn't cut good (the chain was so dull it didn't matter if it was on backward or forward and it was way out of tune) so I was able to get it for a good price. It was my main saw for years, cut many cords of firewood and went on many a clearing job, but after awhile I got too afraid that it might get damaged so now it's just more of a collector piece that I'll cut with once in a while just for the pleasure of using it. If you've never run one it's quite an experience, a bit heavy and slow by modern standards but so incredibly smooth and vibration free. A few years ago the logger friend gave me his well-worn (and by this time non-running) 610 as a parts saw- I'll post some pics of that if anyone's interested, it's partially disassembled and you can see that neat little opposed engine.

Thanks for putting that pic up so it can be seen without clicking it- I'll have to learn that trick. When I was a kid an older logger friend of mine had a 610, and he swore it was the best saw he ever owned. He told me all about what a technical marvel it was, took it apart so that I could see the two cylinders, and even let me cut a bit with it. This of course put a burning desire in my heart to have one, and years later was lucky enough to buy this one from a landscaper friend of mine- why he had it I'll never know, but he didn't like it because it didn't cut good (the chain was so dull it didn't matter if it was on backward or forward and it was way out of tune) so I was able to get it for a good price. It was my main saw for years, cut many cords of firewood and went on many a clearing job, but after awhile I got too afraid that it might get damaged so now it's just more of a collector piece that I'll cut with once in a while just for the pleasure of using it. If you've never run one it's quite an experience, a bit heavy and slow by modern standards but so incredibly smooth and vibration free. A few years ago the logger friend gave me his well-worn (and by this time non-running) 610 as a parts saw- I'll post some pics of that if anyone's interested, it's partially disassembled and you can see that neat little opposed engine.

Please do. I would like to see the insides. I know of one that is brand new, never started. Owner wouldn't sell at the moment. Maybe if I started flashing cash.......someday.

Latest posts

Back