Chainsaw Restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legeance

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I have a few saws that I really want to have painted and have as nice show pieces but I just don't have the time or knowledge to do is so is there someone who like does this for a living? I tried cleaning up a saw to paint but really don't have the time so I would rather send it out to someone who knows what they are doing and have them do the whole thing.

@glock37 does powder coating. You'd have to tear down the saw to send him the parts to paint. Not sure if he can do anything with it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm restoring a car right now I realize just how much goes into this and in other news I ended up getting the saw apart and painted I just need to invest in a decent sandblaster or cabinet to properly clean the parts. Any reccomemdations for a blaster/cabinet? I have a 25gal 5hp craftsman so preferably one that won't kill my air supply

You will be VERY limited on what you can blast with that. Blasting takes a LOT of air.
I used a siphon blaster I got from tractor supply and it worked decent for smaller stuff but I want something better. What tank upgrade should I get this one is about 20 years old.

Ys
So I have a few saws that I really want to have painted and have as nice show pieces but I just don't have the time or knowledge to do is so is there someone who like does this for a living? I tried cleaning up a saw to paint but really don't have the time so I would rather send it out to someone who knows what they are doing and have them do the whole thing.
Yes, you can have your saw professionally restored. PM me.

Back