Chainsaw training needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned more in one day working with a guy cutting in a cherry picker than in the 2 years i had been using a saw.

So yes i see what your after.
A day working/watching someone that has a clue what they are doing is priceless.

I learned more in one day working with a guy cutting in a cherry picker than in the 2 years i had been using a saw.

So yes i see what your after.
A day working/watching someone that has a clue what they are doing is priceless.

You're a topman Scott:)

It's a pity you guys weren't a bit closer, i could learn something in the process!!!!

I must admit, the last 4 i took down were much smaller and easier. It took no time at all to fell, limb and buck. You should have seen the mess from the first 25, all felled on top of each other!!
It looked like a whirlwind had hit them. All the flippin branches all snagged aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh. Took absolutely ages and they were big brutes compared to the rest.

You are my favorites (Brucie):clap:

Hi Mr Nice Guy Gary, i may not be the first but deffo not the last!!

It was a personal message for help, i could read all the books in the world, but there is no substitute for first hand experience from a skilled operator.
At the mo i can't be :censored: with n-b ends with 2 bit answers. That was not meaning you.
Thanks for your help
atvb CC

If people don't like it! don't reply.

Oops... I replied again...

No reading or internet tutorial is gonna do squat unless you can actually apply the techniques. Practice, practice, practice, practice, and more practice is what will make you a better cutter.

That answer I gave was actually not meant for you either. There are achives on internet forums for a reason. This forum seems to be the only one i frequent however... where the new guys get pissed off if they are told to check the archives or "do a search". If the archives were not there and the threads disappeared after 30 days... it would be a different story.

Again this is not directed at you CC... just makin' a point.

Gary

Oops... I replied again...

No reading or internet tutorial is gonna do squat unless you can actually apply the techniques. Practice, practice, practice, practice, and more practice is what will make you a better cutter.

That answer I gave was actually not meant for you either. There are achives on internet forums for a reason. This forum seems to be the only one i frequent however... where the new guys get pissed off if they are told to check the archives or "do a search". If the archives were not there and the threads disappeared after 30 days... it would be a different story.

Again this is not directed at you CC... just makin' a point.

Gary

Absolutely no probs at all Gary.
It's just i was looking for 1 to 1 hands on training. I have done some searchs for some of the techniques.

Two good guys SCS AND TB i guess would help but they both live about 11 to 12 hours drive away.

Thanks for the reply

atb CC

Absolutely no probs at all Gary.
It's just i was looking for 1 to 1 hands on training. I have done some searchs for some of the techniques.

Two good guys SCS AND TB i guess would help but they both live about 11 to 12 hours drive away.

Thanks for the reply

atb CC

11 hours away by tractor! lol
I can be in mid wales in 8.5 hours and manchester in 6
The speed cameras dont even flash at 77 MPH:greenchainsaw:
On the old Tom Tom not the car speedo!

Shh but you can sometimes tell when Gary needs to get LAID lol
I think sometimes the mods were being sarcastic when they added MR nice guy! lol

11 hours away by tractor! lol
I can be in mid wales in 8.5 hours and manchester in 6
The speed cameras dont even flash at 77 MPH:greenchainsaw:
On the old Tom Tom not the car speedo!

Shh but you can sometimes tell when Gary needs to get LAID lol
I think sometimes the mods were being sarcastic when they added MR nice guy! lol

I didn't say what speed:)

I was meaning East Anglia:cry:

Latest posts

Back