Chainsawbuddy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks a bit cumbersome to me... but maybe I'm a little too old fashioned. I'm not sure I've ever had a need for a gizmo like that. I try to keep my saws as light and nimble as possible and I think it would just get in the way.

Let us know what you think!

I saw those in the Bailey's catalog and wondered if it would really work or if it might be more trouble than it's worth. Please do let us know how it works!
Matt

What Big Neb said. I'm using my fifty bucks to buy beer.

Laughable....I can see that it will work, but geesh, how hard is it to stack a whole bunch of small material on top of already cut wood.....line up one end, grab a big saw and whack it all up at once. Presto...done.

Yeah, it does work but it is a pain. My father-in-law wanted one - silly boy, he has an 046. I think he was enraptured by the little video bailey's has showing them scoot right up the bar to the stops. He liked it just fine until I built him a sawbuck and it's been sitting on the shelf for a couple months now.

I think I need to find it and put it up in the trading post - but then, would anyone here want to buy it? :confused:

i don't think I could whore it up enough for ebay... :)

It looks a bit cumbersome to me... but maybe I'm a little too old fashioned. I'm not sure I've ever had a need for a gizmo like that. I try to keep my saws as light and nimble as possible and I think it would just get in the way.

Let us know what you think!

Agree, and this has been discussed before.....:)

A sawbuck is a much better option, and keeps the saw light and nimble.

Interesting cause I have been thinking about one of these as well.

Seeing as I do a lot of brushing of small knarly crap and I cut up most of the small stuff to burn one of these looks interesting to keep on another saw.

If you don't have to bend to pick up the pieces to put them in the sawbuck that would be a saving.

I have also learned not to rely completely on other peoples opinions as they are often wrong!

The thing you have to remember about opinions is that we all have them and we all don't agree and we can't all be right!:)

So for $30 next time I have to order something from baileys I might order one and give it a try!

I have one and it is bulky. It is limited in how big a branch you can cut also...however...I have a Sears 42cc (Poulan) that I worked on to get a bit more power (opened up the muffler, lost the limiter caps), and I just leave it on that saw. I'd say I use it about half the time cutting braches, so I guess I would say it was useful. If I had to install it every time I wanted to use it, it would probably be back in the box even though it is very simple to install. It takes a minute or so to line it up correctly when you put it on.

Another user

I bought one a couple of years ago. Put it to use quite a bit when I was clearing out some trees near the yard. It works and is a bit safer as the maple branches do try to climb the chain quite often, and the chainsaw buddy stops that from happening. If you've got a bunch of stuff on the ground it works well. Other than that, it gets in the way and adds weight to the saw. It does also keep the chain out of the dirt as advertised, but since I have learned a little bit about how to sharpen a chain, this isn't that big of an issue as it used to be.
I installed it on a back up saw, but this required me to take two saws to the site to do the work I could have done with one. I took it off the back up saw awhile back to do some cleanup on the saw and I haven't reinstalled it.
I would use it again if the right situation came up, but for just doing one or two trees, it would take more time to install than it would save.

I got one as a gift and it works ok. I found the best use is if you want to shorten a piece of already cut firewood that is a bit to long to get in your woodstove/fireplace. It attempts to hold the wood for you so you aren't tempted to hold the piece with your foot.

Interesting cause I have been thinking about one of these as well.

Seeing as I do a lot of brushing of small knarly crap and I cut up most of the small stuff to burn one of these looks interesting to keep on another saw.

If you don't have to bend to pick up the pieces to put them in the sawbuck that would be a saving.

I have also learned not to rely completely on other peoples opinions as they are often wrong!

The thing you have to remember about opinions is that we all have them and we all don't agree and we can't all be right!:)

So for $30 next time I have to order something from baileys I might order one and give it a try!

I have my opinion and everyone else is entitled to it.:hmm3grin2orange:

First you'd have to figure out where "there" is:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hint - it's a low windswept island in the North Atlantic..., unlike MI..

I installed it on a back up saw, but this required me to take two saws to the site to do the work I could have done with one. I took it off the back up saw awhile back to do some cleanup on the saw and I haven't reinstalled it.
I would use it again if the right situation came up, but for just doing one or two trees, it would take more time to install than it would save.

Two words: dedicated bar.

I bought one a couple of years ago. I installed it on a back up saw, but this required me to take two saws to the site to do the work I could have done with one. I took it off the back up saw awhile back to do some cleanup on the saw and I haven't reinstalled it.

So, the way I read that is that the CSB should stay on a dedicated saw for ease of use and time efficiency......sounds like the PERFECT excuse to get another saw!:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back