Champion log splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteMike

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have a champion splitter? Looking at a 27 ton and it is several hundred cheaper than any of the other 27 ton splitters in my area. I’ve read comments saying they are poorly made with cheap materials (one person) and others saying they are great. What is your take on them?

I've had one for about 5 years and have split about 10 cords of hickory, ash and red oak with it, so far no problems at all with the splitter.

Does anyone here have a champion splitter? Looking at a 27 ton and it is several hundred cheaper than any of the other 27 ton splitters in my area. I’ve read comments saying they are poorly made with cheap materials (one person) and others saying they are great. What is your take on them?
Made in China? Make sure you can get parts for the hydraulics and motor.

Made in China? Make sure you can get parts for the hydraulics and motor.
Have you ever looked at where your parts for name brand machines come from. The thing about a wood splitter is its about a simple hydraulic design as you will find. and most any brands pump or valves can be made to interchange pretty easy with parts found at most autopart stores.

Have you ever looked at where your parts for name brand machines come from. The thing about a wood splitter is its about a simple hydraulic design as you will find. and most any brands pump or valves can be made to interchange pretty easy with parts found at most autopart stores.
including mufflers, recoils and carburetors?

been there on that kind of stuff years ago. not going back

I have the 34 ton model but have only used it once for about an hour. Didn't have any issues going through the big oak knots. I like that the splitting wedge is angled to help hold the log in place during the split.

My only complaint so far is that the pin holding the control handle fell out while I was towing the splitter around. Replaced with a nail that I bent at the end once inserted to prevent it from falling out.

20220918_123017.jpg

EDIT: The photo is before I put the fluids in.

Latest posts

Back