changing of the guard mechanics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
took my saw to my normal dealer. his mechanic was gone.
the fellow trying to wait on me was a nice fella,but.
so i ask him a question or so to test him and he was strait off the street. leave there an go to another place thats been good
just a little longer trip. the guys telling me things will work on my bar that just plain wont. as in 50 versus 63 etc.
pretty elementary for a saw man. about that time the owner of the shop comes in . i start all over again and in a few min hes got me taken care of . kinda made me wonder about the local situation ,as far as my saw work is concerned.
would like to have email of any of u good saw men who take
shipped in work. thanks much

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating when the shop expects you to pay $50 per hour and the guy working on your saw knows less than you do!
The last time I needed to pay a shop to fix something was when I tried replacing the top handle on an 020T that the groundman left under the chipper tire. I bought the handle, took the busted one apart and spent 2 evenings trying to get all that crap back in.

I took the 20t in for a new chain, I have a 12 in bar and the dealer sells oregon and could not tell me exact size...

So they put a new on on and break two more for me. I'm up in a tree 2 days later and the bar nut falls off:angry:.

Luckily my client is right there and sees it fall into the scrub!

Cant trust anyone, gotta check everything yourself!

Back